Robert S. Mueller III Testimony Before Congress

....hmmmm....interesting......

Donald Trump Jr.: Mueller was a 'figurehead' in 'hoax' run by '19 leftist Clinton-donor lawyers'

By Charles Creitz | Fox News

Former Special Counsel Robert Mueller was a figurehead and not the true leader of the Russia investigation, according to Donald Trump Jr.

Mueller's stellar public service reputation preceded him, although his performance in Wednesday's hearings revealed to the public the truth about the probe, Trump claimed Thursday on "Tucker Carlson Tonight."

"I think the American people finally saw it, that this man -- who was the lead of the largest investigation in American history, really the largest hoax at this point -- he didn't have a fundamental understanding of not only where it began, but what was even involved," he said.

Kim Strassel brings Mueller’s testimony within the purview of her weekly Wall Street Journal column today.

She scopes out “What Mueller was trying to hide.”

Strassel argues: “We’ve been told [Mueller’s investigation] was solely about Russian electoral interference and obstruction of justice. It’s now clear it was equally about protecting the actual miscreants behind the Russia-collusion hoax.”

Strassel continues with this quotable quote:

The most notable aspect of the Mueller report was always what it omitted: the origins of this mess. Christopher Steele’s dossier was central to the Federal Bureau of Investigation’s probe, the basis of many of the claims of conspiracy between the Trump campaign and Russia. Yet the Mueller authors studiously wrote around the dossier, mentioning it only in perfunctory terms. The report ignored Mr. Steele’s paymaster, Fusion GPS, and its own ties to Russians. It also ignored Fusion’s paymaster, the Clinton campaign, and the ugly politics behind the dossier hit job.

Mr. Mueller’s testimony this week put to rest any doubt that this sheltering was deliberate. In his opening statement he declared that he would not “address questions about the opening of the FBI’s Russia investigation, which occurred months before my appointment, or matters related to the so-called Steele Dossier.” The purpose of those omissions was obvious, as those two areas go to the heart of why the nation has been forced to endure years of collusion fantasy.

Mr. Mueller claimed he couldn’t answer questions about the dossier because it “predated” his tenure and is the subject of a Justice Department investigation. These excuses are disingenuous. Nearly everything Mr. Mueller investigated predated his tenure, and there’s no reason the Justice Department probe bars Mr. Mueller from providing a straightforward, factual account of his team’s handling of the dossier.

If anything, Mr. Mueller had an obligation to answer those questions, since they go to the central failing of his own probe. As Florida Rep. Matt Gaetz asked Mr. Mueller, how could a special-counsel investigation into “Russia’s interference” have any credibility if it failed to look into whether the Steele dossier was itself disinformation from Moscow? Mr. Steele acknowledges that senior Russian officials were the source of his dossier’s claims of an “extensive conspiracy.” Given that no such conspiracy actually existed, Mr. Gaetz asked: “Did Russians really tell that to Christopher Steele, or did he just make it up and was he lying to the FBI?”

Mr. Mueller surreally responded: “As I said earlier, with regard to Steele, that is beyond my purview.”

What a farce.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Kim Strassel brings Mueller’s testimony within the purview of her weekly Wall Street Journal column today.

She scopes out “What Mueller was trying to hide.”

Strassel argues: “We’ve been told [Mueller’s investigation] was solely about Russian electoral interference and obstruction of justice. It’s now clear it was equally about protecting the actual miscreants behind the Russia-collusion hoax.”

Strassel continues with this quotable quote:

The most notable aspect of the Mueller report was always what it omitted: the origins of this mess. Christopher Steele’s dossier was central to the Federal Bureau of Investigation’s probe, the basis of many of the claims of conspiracy between the Trump campaign and Russia. Yet the Mueller authors studiously wrote around the dossier, mentioning it only in perfunctory terms. The report ignored Mr. Steele’s paymaster, Fusion GPS, and its own ties to Russians. It also ignored Fusion’s paymaster, the Clinton campaign, and the ugly politics behind the dossier hit job.

Mr. Mueller’s testimony this week put to rest any doubt that this sheltering was deliberate. In his opening statement he declared that he would not “address questions about the opening of the FBI’s Russia investigation, which occurred months before my appointment, or matters related to the so-called Steele Dossier.” The purpose of those omissions was obvious, as those two areas go to the heart of why the nation has been forced to endure years of collusion fantasy.

Mr. Mueller claimed he couldn’t answer questions about the dossier because it “predated” his tenure and is the subject of a Justice Department investigation. These excuses are disingenuous. Nearly everything Mr. Mueller investigated predated his tenure, and there’s no reason the Justice Department probe bars Mr. Mueller from providing a straightforward, factual account of his team’s handling of the dossier.

If anything, Mr. Mueller had an obligation to answer those questions, since they go to the central failing of his own probe. As Florida Rep. Matt Gaetz asked Mr. Mueller, how could a special-counsel investigation into “Russia’s interference” have any credibility if it failed to look into whether the Steele dossier was itself disinformation from Moscow? Mr. Steele acknowledges that senior Russian officials were the source of his dossier’s claims of an “extensive conspiracy.” Given that no such conspiracy actually existed, Mr. Gaetz asked: “Did Russians really tell that to Christopher Steele, or did he just make it up and was he lying to the FBI?”

Mr. Mueller surreally responded: “As I said earlier, with regard to Steele, that is beyond my purview.”

What a farce.

...he never wrote the damn report......it was done by political hacks within the Department of INjustice............an effin' coup............

• Like (+1) 1

My mother has a LOT more  wits about her than Mueller did in front of Congress.I don't think he knows if he has his Depends on or not. My  mom's hair looks like that in the morning before she combs it out.?

Edited by Wacka

17 minutes ago, Wacka said:

My mother has a LOT more  wits about her than Mueller did in front of Congress.I don't think he knows if he has his Depends on or not. My  mom's hair looks like that in the morning before she combs it out.?

God bless her. My mother is about your mother's age and is healthy and pretty sharp. So sharp that she asks me the same question over and over just to make sure that I haven't lost it.

Most shocking to me was that for a guy who pre-declared he was going to stick to the ‘four corners’ of his report, it didn’t appear as though he’d read a single page of it in the days leading up to his testimony. This has really gotten to be goof ball stuff!

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Most shocking to me was that for a guy who pre-declared he was going to stick to the ‘four corners’ of his report, it didn’t appear as though he’d read a single page of it in the days leading up to his testimony. This has really gotten to be goof ball stuff!

...here's the baffling part to me.....Mueller ran the FBI for 11 years and was thought to (I think) have done a decent job....however, recent and ongoing revelations as to how the Bureau was a woefully tainted, partisan political machine, makes you wonder what was actually going on during Mueller's watch (J Edgar feels sullied now)....and his recent testimony makes one even more suspect what he knew as far as department underlings.....so let's just assume that his tenure was decent and coupled with his Vietnam vet service, why put your reputation in the position of being disastrously sullied by letting DOJ political operatives write your ALLEGED report?.....and now you testify and only can refer to the Cliff Notes Version because you didn't have a damn thing to do with writing it?....why sell out and trash you potential legacy?.........

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

:beer: 

Though I'd say it's not "goofball" stuff. It's "coup" stuff. 

Mueller was appointed as the nominal head of the probe because of the R in front of his name. The belief, at the time, by McCabe, Strzok, Comey, Brennan, and Clapper was that the public would accept that a "straight shooter" was overseeing the probe while Weissman and other unrepentant partisans were really doing the work. And that work wasn't to find truth or justice -- but to cripple the administration of a duly elected POTUS. 

Puppet>>>Strings

This was always a coup. First and foremost. It's undeniable at this stage for all but the most blind partisans. And whether you're a fan of Trump or loath him, THAT should be alarming for all political persuasions. Because if they can do that to Trump, what's to stop them from doing it to a POTUS you do like? 

22 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...here's the baffling part to me.....Mueller ran the FBI for 11 years and was thought to (I think) have done a decent job....however, recent and ongoing revelations as to how the Bureau was a woefully tainted, partisan political machine, makes you wonder what was actually going on during Mueller's watch (J Edgar feels sullied now)....and his recent testimony makes one even more suspect what he knew as far as department underlings.....so let's just assume that his tenure was decent and coupled with his Vietnam vet service, why put your reputation in the position of being disastrously sullied by letting DOJ political operatives write your ALLEGED report?.....and now you testify and only can refer to the Cliff Notes Version because you didn't have a damn thing to do with writing it?....why sell out and trash you potential legacy?.........

IMO Mueller wasn't clean, he's never been clean (Whitey Bulger fiasco, Uranium One, 9/11 aftermath/rendition programs and more). The fact he was dirty is what allowed Brennan, Clapper and Comey to use that as leverage to get him to sign on to this debacle. Now, we can debate all day what happened in that oval office meeting with Trump, Mueller and RR the day before he was appointed, but I'm still of the opinion that Mueller was being used by both sides against the other for reasons of optics. 

Trump won. Brennan/Clapper/Comey and Obama lost.

Now let's see what the fallout will be for the losers.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

:beer: 

Though I'd say it's not "goofball" stuff. It's "coup" stuff. 

Mueller was appointed as the nominal head of the probe because of the R in front of his name. The belief, at the time, by McCabe, Strzok, Comey, Brennan, and Clapper was that the public would accept that a "straight shooter" was overseeing the probe while Weissman and other unrepentant partisans were really doing the work. And that work wasn't to find truth or justice -- but to cripple the administration of a duly elected POTUS. 

Puppet>>>Strings

This was always a coup. First and foremost. It's undeniable at this stage for all but the most blind partisans. And whether you're a fan of Trump or loath him, THAT should be alarming for all political persuasions. Because if they can do that to Trump, what's to stop them from doing it to a POTUS you do like? 

IMO Mueller wasn't clean, he's never been clean (Whitey Bulger fiasco, Uranium One, 9/11 aftermath/rendition programs and more). The fact he was dirty is what allowed Brennan, Clapper and Comey to use that as leverage to get him to sign on to this debacle. Now, we can debate all day what happened in that oval office meeting with Trump, Mueller and RR the day before he was appointed, but I'm still of the opinion that Mueller was being used by both sides against the other for reasons of optics. 

Trump won. Brennan/Clapper/Comey and Obama lost.

Now let's see what the fallout will be for the losers.

........a nicely done assessment......so the Bureau has been politically tainted and manipulated for YEARS...and we thought that the post J Edgar mess had been cleaned up.....how long would the ruse have continued if the Trump administration did not turn the "good 'ol boys subterfuge" network upside down?......we need more chlorine for "The Swamp".....

Just now, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

........a nicely done assessment......so the Bureau has been politically tainted and manipulated for YEARS...and we thought that the post J Edgar mess had been cleaned up.....how long would the ruse have continued if the Trump administration did not turn the "good 'ol boys subterfuge" network upside down?......we need more chlorine for "The Swamp".....

Had Trump lost and Clinton won we'd be ***** as a republic. There'd be no saving it. 

* None of the Russiagate stuff would be investigated (other than using it to lock candidate Trump up, which was the plan)

* The DPRK would be waging war against its neighbors (almost assured)

* KSA and Iran both would be using their proxy terror groups to wage war not just on Syria and the ME, but Europe and the US

* Iran would be strengthened, and have a bomb. 

* The US military would continue to be gutted from the inside out, dampening any counter deterrents

* China would be given a free pass in the South China Sea and with Hong Kong (let alone their meddling in our domestic affairs)

The FBI/USIC was deeply, deeply penetrated -- which makes the hopes of equal justice a fantasy. 

If we weren't in two wars by this point in HRC's campaign (and a recession), we'd be in three and a depression.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Had Trump lost and Clinton won we'd be ***** as a republic. There'd be no saving it. 

* None of the Russiagate stuff would be investigated (other than using it to lock candidate Trump up, which was the plan)

* The DPRK would be waging war against its neighbors (almost assured)

* KSA and Iran both would be using their proxy terror groups to wage war not just on Syria and the ME, but Europe and the US

* Iran would be strengthened, and have a bomb. 

* The US military would continue to be gutted from the inside out, dampening any counter deterrents

* China would be given a free pass in the South China Sea and with Hong Kong (let alone their meddling in our domestic affairs)

The FBI/USIC was deeply, deeply penetrated -- which makes the hopes of equal justice a fantasy. 

If we weren't in two wars by this point in HRC's campaign (and a recession), we'd be in three and a depression.

..if he lost, we would have perpetuated the scurrilous Clinton Crime Syndicate through a 24 year stranglehold on the US politics (assuming her re-election)......16 years was painful enough but 8 more with ZERO intent on the people's business versus personal political power and gain would sink our once thought of worldwide bastian of democracy to the depths of the Titanic+.....I'm 66 and NEVER thought I would witness an orchestrated coup attempt of an elected President...NEVER......and we point the finger at corrupt governments worldwide?.....what about "people in glass houses throwing stones"?...seriously......hate him all you want (FULL DISCLOSURE: I reviled him as a brash businessperson), but his caustic, irascible, insulting, condescending and arrogant demeanor has turned the "good ol boyz political network" on its ugly head, in a way that they NEVER expected......graft, corruption, politicization of our once thought of democratic bastians (, FBI, DOJ, etc) have been woefully exposed.....and...it is about DAMN TIME....we ain't the best, yapping about other government's houses when our very own is this effed up...think about it...

• Like (+1) 3