Round 2 Cornerback seems like a

I'm not here to give my opinion on who we should draft; I just think people have been too quick to assume it will be an OL.

If the trade for Shelton is truly laid to rest then yes, OL becomes the most likely selection. But you have to assume TD gets the deal done. It seems like both teams are on the cusp already and I'm pretty confident one will blink.

If the deal goes threw we have to accept that CB becomes a distinct possibility. We have very little depth on the roster right now, and no nickleback. In an ideal world both Nate and MaGee can stay healthy the whole year but if that doesn’t happen who do we put in? As of now it will either be Jabari Greer or we will be forced to disrupt our Safety’s by switching TV back.

It makes sense this year just because of the lack of depth at that position, but it makes even more sense because NC will be long gone in 2006. Like it or not he will be paid as a top 5 corner after next season. He knows that, and I don’t think he resigns during the year for anything less then those numbers.

When draft day rolls around I just hope TD doesn't get blasted if he picks a corner. Everybody knows we need help on the line, and you would have a difficult time arguing against the selection of a G/T/C in round 2. But CB is just as large a concern for this team and considering TD likes to shy away from taking lineman early I think it’s the more likely selection.

I'm not here to give my opinion on who we should draft; I just think people have been too quick to assume it will be an OL.

If the trade for Shelton is truly laid to rest then yes, OL becomes the most likely selection. But you have to assume TD gets the deal done. It seems like both teams are on the cusp already and I'm pretty confident one will blink.

If the deal goes threw we have to accept that CB becomes a distinct possibility. We have very little depth on the roster right now, and no nickleback. In an ideal world both Nate and MaGee can stay healthy the whole year but if that doesn?t happen who do we put in? As of now it will either be Jabari Greer or we will be forced to disrupt our Safety?s by switching TV back.

It makes sense this year just because of the lack of depth at that position, but it makes even more sense because NC will be long gone in 2006. Like it or not he will be paid as a top 5 corner after next season. He knows that, and I don?t think he resigns during the year for anything less then those numbers.

When draft day rolls around I just hope TD doesn't get blasted if he picks a corner. Everybody knows we need help on the line, and you would have a difficult time arguing against the selection of a G/T/C in round 2. But CB is just as large a concern for this team and considering TD likes to shy away from taking lineman early I think it?s the more likely selectio Could be Marlin Jackson ,corner out of Michigan 6-1 ..195 good size and speed.

If the deal goes threw we have to accept that CB becomes a distinct possibility.  We have very little depth on the roster right now, and no nickleback. In an ideal world both Nate and MaGee can stay healthy the whole year but if that doesn’t happen who do we put in? As of now it will either be Jabari Greer or we will be forced to disrupt our Safety’s by switching TV back.

It makes sense this year just because of the lack of depth at that position, but it makes even more sense because NC will be long gone in 2006. Like it or not he will be paid as a top 5 corner after next season. He knows that, and I don’t think he resigns during the year for anything less then those numbers.

When draft day rolls around I just hope TD doesn't get blasted if he picks a corner. Everybody knows we need help on the line, and you would have a difficult time arguing against the selection of a G/T/C in round 2. But CB is just as large a concern for this team and considering TD likes to shy away from taking lineman early I think it’s the more likely selection.

294921[/snapback]

I agree somewhat, but think it will be defensive line or line backer. Especially after Donahoe and the d-line coach went to wisconsin to check out hte d-line player Hawthorne and jefferson.

Right on...

People always seem to be disappointed with the person that TD drafts. Reed (which he had no clue woudn't step up... but knowing the Peerless situation, he made the right call), McGahee (definitely the right call) and Losman (again, the right call).

Everyone seemed to be calling for his head when he made those picks. But he knew what he was doing, and was proven correct later.

I would not be surprised if he took a CB or the best player on the board (regardless of the position). In a weird way, I would actually be surprised to see him take an offensive Lineman. Look for that NOT to happen

Right on...

People always seem to be disappointed with the person that TD drafts.  Reed (which he had no clue woudn't step up... but knowing the Peerless situation, he made the right call), McGahee (definitely the right call) and Losman (again, the right call). 

Everyone seemed to be calling for his head when he made those picks.  But he knew what he was doing, and was proven correct later.

I would not be surprised if he took a CB or the best player on the board (regardless of the position).  In a weird way, I would actually be surprised to see him take an offensive Lineman.  Look for that NOT to happen

295055[/snapback]

Seriously, how on earth was TD proven correct about trading for Losman?

Were you just kidding? :devil:

Seriously, how on earth was TD proven correct about trading for Losman?

Were you just kidding?  :devil:

295062[/snapback]

In terms of his performance nothing has been proven. I think he meant that drafting Losman gave us flexibility to go a different direction this year. Also this years QB class is a weak one so grabbing Losman in last years draft may not only give us options but value.

TD usually drafts with the following offseason free agents in mind. Kind of like Tim Anderson/Phat Pat. I too think we spend our second round pick on a CB. Gives us some options if Nate leaves. Resign Nate to a long term contract TD!

I actually have a different idea on this....

I think Nate Clements is a VERY talented player...a difference maker....

- We are biulding our O Line through inexpensive free agents, draft day trades, and drafting......that is why I belive the Shelton trade will go through....and Henry will go....we get relief from Henry's hit however small and Shelton is very affordable for a left tackle......

- I think we sign a center (Chris Spencer is my pick) who backs of at Guard and Center this year and then makes Teague and his salary expendable next year

- We are out from underneath Bledsoe's contract next year

I say we either franchise or flat out resign Clements next year....we will ahve the cap room to do it.....