Blondie 79

HOF

Blondie was an awesome band!

294457[/snapback]

What was that song about the UFOs....or aliens....or whatever......it was pretty funky, man.

Rapture.

294466[/snapback]

That's it...thanks. That was a pretty cool song. Music from the late 70's was the first kind I remember listening to. Kook and the Gang, KC and the Sunshine Band, ABBA, Blondie, Earth Wind and Fire, the BeeGees.......some good stuff from that time period, man!!

That's it...thanks. That was a pretty cool song. Music from the late 70's was the first kind I remember listening to. Kook and the Gang, KC and the Sunshine Band, ABBA, Blondie, Earth Wind and Fire, the BeeGees.......some good stuff from that time period, man!!

294473[/snapback]

Err, that would be Kool and the Gang.

Kook and the Gang is how some would describe TSW. :)

294473[/snapback]

Disco Sux!!!! :):doh:

Greed and politics killed melody.

Record companies found that musical artists like Blondie had talent. Because of this talent they we very hard to replace and held their own power at the negotiation table. Let's include The Pretenders and Stevie Wonder too!

Rap was invented and that solved the problem of talent. Now the rap artists can be replaced with the next angry person walking down the street and the record companies hold all the power at the negotiation table.

When you see a rap show ... there's no band of talented musicians to coddle. Nope. Just angry guys yelling simple rhymes I could create sitting on my toilet and some looser scratching LPs on a turntable. Oh and don't let me forget sampling. This is where the no-talents steal a portion of what was once a good song and use it over and over until it makes you sick.

Rap is also very effective agit-prop but I don't have time to type all that out too.

Rappers are political tools, they just don't know it.

Greed and politics killed melody.

Rap is also very effective agit-prop but I don't have time to type all that out too.

Rappers are political tools, they just don't know it.

294591[/snapback]

And rappers cant even do rap right anymore. It takes a band like Zebrahead to show them how to do it well. Tight energetic metal with some rap rhymes mixed in effectively. You listen to idiots like 50cent and its just some schmuck mumbling out murdered english nonsense with absolutely no melody at all. It really is funny if you think about it. How such no talents can actually make all sorts of cash.