Cards backing off a bit?

"Henry Update: A report says that the Cardinals have now backed off on demanding more for Travis Henry than just a straight player for player trade for L.J. Shelton. Tom Donahoe said in a radio interview this week that they did want more and so did the Bills causing a stalemate. Cardinals coach Denny Green acknowledged that they are still interested in acquiring Henry but will not lose draft picks in a deal. He also said that they would want Henry to play out his contract and not look for a long term deal at this time. It has been speculated that Henry wanted a new deal with any team he gets traded to, but he has since denied that."

This trade is done folks...

"Henry Update: A report says that the Cardinals have now backed off on demanding more for Travis Henry than just a straight player for player trade for L.J. Shelton. Tom Donahoe said in a radio interview this week that they did want more and so did the Bills causing a stalemate. Cardinals coach Denny Green acknowledged that they are still interested in acquiring Henry but will not lose draft picks in a deal. He also said that they would want Henry to play out his contract and not look for a long term deal at this time. It has been speculated that Henry wanted a new deal with any team he gets traded to, but he has since denied that."

This trade is done folks...

294022[/snapback]

I'll feel better when it is.

Yeah, I don't see this as a concession by the Cards; TD still is saying that he wants Shelton "and something else" for TH. Notice he doesn't say someONE else; he says someTHING else. That means a pick. I bet they get an RD#3 or 4 from the Cards in next year's draft.

OK. So, according to this blurb, the Cardinals have backed off of asking for more. It seems like the Bills would still need to do the same in order for this to get done.

294063[/snapback]

I agree that in the end, it may be Shelton for TH straight up, which to me is a lot better than TH sitting the bench and pouting for the year and then becoming a UFA.

It doesn't sound like the two sides are far apart. Tell me Arizona would be okay with a player for player trade, but wouldn't throw in a swap or 6th round picks. They could end up swapping 3rd or 4th round picks on draft day....

My golf caddy in San Diego has a buddy golf caddy in Arizona that overheard the bar manager talking about the the time Denny Green's buddies were in the club talking about the trade and it is almost a done deal.

294089[/snapback]

FINALLY...a credible source.

Expecting a 2nd round rookie to become your starting OC is a dangerous thing.  Take a look at all the busted 1st round centers the past few years.  So I'd say go with Teague or Tucker.

294061[/snapback]

Why do people assume that if we switch spots with the Cards we will still

take a OL. TD is trying to move up to get a better player...It might be

a CB or OL or DL...

If you make this happen, do you go for Baas/Wilkerson? Or do you hope Teague/Tucker can do the job at C?

294057[/snapback]

My vote is for Baas/Wilkerson. What this team really needs is a strong running game, and you can't have that unless you have a strong offensive line.