Surtain Contract

Man, scuttlebut is Surtain will get $14M guaranteed by KC if a trade`can get worked out. I just do not see how we could ever get Nate redone this year based on the figures I have seen that put us anywhere between 0 and $2m under.

I also cannot see how we could tag him next year at these ongodly numbers for DBs.

Mama, make sure your boys grow up to be DBs, not QBs

That's insane money for Surtain. I really want to see Clements in a Bills uniform after this season, but if it doesn't happen it doesn't happen. I'd rather the Bills build a solid foundation and become a good team rather than overpaying at a few positions.

Man, scuttlebut is Surtain will get $14M guaranteed by KC if a trade`can get worked out. I just do not see how we could ever get Nate redone this year based on the figures I have seen that put us anywhere between 0 and $2m under.

I also cannot see how we could tag him next year at these ongodly numbers for DBs.

293386[/snapback]

Nate counts as $3.48 mill on this years cap: http://www.billszone.com/mtlog/archives/20...ry_cap_page.php

An extension could be agreed to that doesn't raise his cap number for this season.

Clements is a very good corner. His value to some other team exceeds his value to the Bills. Welcome to reality football. Now I see the wisdom of bargain basement o-line moves lately. With the 55th pick the Buffalo Bills choose- insert best corner available.

I have a feeling we draft a CB in the second round thisd year.

293517[/snapback]

That would certainly send a message if it happens.

That would certainly send a message if it happens.

293528[/snapback]

Irrespective of Clements situation we will be drafting a cover CB on

the 1st day of the draft. I am not sold on McGee being the starting CB

on the other side.

on the other side.

293552[/snapback]

Fair enough.

on the other side.

293552[/snapback]

So very true....I think McGee is a joke at CB

293386[/snapback]

Remember next year we are free of Drew Bledsoe's cap hit of like 5 mill, and I would assume we restructure Mike Williams. Clements isn't going anywhere! Donahoe's best pick to date.