Hey capologists, where are we now

Until we see the year-for-year breakdown I imagine it will be tough to say. Reported as a $5.1M with $1.5M signing bonus, which means all we know is that his amortized bonus hit is $500K. Until we see a breakdown on the other $3.6 mill, how it's split across the years, we won't know. According to clump's last update, we were at ~$2.0M under as of two weeks ago.

Until we see the year-for-year breakdown I imagine it will be tough to say.  Reported as a $5.1M with $1.5M signing bonus, which means all we know is that his amortized bonus hit is $500K.  Until we see a breakdown on the other $3.6 mill, how it's split across the years, we won't know.  According to clump's last update, we were at ~$2.0M under as of two weeks ago.

293142[/snapback]

With only 3.6 mill in total salary, you gotta figure it's less than a million this year, meaning he is less than 1.5 total for this year. Not big jack.

With only 3.6 mill in total salary, you gotta figure it's less than a million this year, meaning he is less than 1.5 total for this year. Not big jack.

293149[/snapback]

I was figuring around $750K but not being a capologist I wasn't going to speculate...

I was figuring around $750K but not being a capologist I wasn't going to speculate...

293171[/snapback]

That is what I think because he is getting the 1.5 in cash. Almost all contracts like this rise in salary on a yearly basis, as we well know, so even if it only rose 100K a year it would be 1.1-1.2-1.3. But it's far more likely it's 750K - 1.25 - 1.6 or something similar.

Other than possible exchanging the salary of Henry and Shelton, and restructurings to make that do-able, I'd say the Bills are done w/ signings until the draft, which w/o a 1st, most of which won't break the bank and won't count toward the cap.

I think it was a very productive and rationally-approached signing period. For all the guff TD gets in the media and on this and other boards, he did a very good job.

I would still like to see a veteran TE signed.....

It would not suprise me to still have us sign Freddie Jones.....

293334[/snapback]

i think we need a TE who can block and catch for MM's offense. he ain't it.

i think we need a TE who can block and catch for MM's offense. he ain't it.

293405[/snapback]

Jason Peters? I have a feeling he might be the breakout player in 2005. Hes a great blocker-hopefully he has been working out hard. I cant wait to see him catch a ball in the open field. The dude is a tank!

Freddie Jones has amazing hands. He can catch as well as well as anybody. Blocking? I'm not so sure about !

293875[/snapback]

you're right. he can catch.but living here in AZ and hearing allot about the Cards, it has come to be known that he's not a good blocker. He's known as a TE who doesn't work hard, and a TE that doesn't work hard isn't committed enough to block.

Jason Peters?  I have a feeling he might be the breakout player in 2005.  Hes a great blocker-hopefully he has been working out hard.  I cant wait to see him catch a ball in the open field.  The dude is a tank!

293879[/snapback]

hope you are right.i have had nothing but high hopes for him even before the Bills signed him. I remember how big and bad Eric Greene was when he 1st came into the league. He was a load.

hope you are right.i have had nothing but high hopes for him even before the Bills signed him. I remember how big and bad Eric Greene was when he 1st came into the league. He was a load.

293906[/snapback]

Eric Green's Super Bowl dance is what lost the Steelers the AFC Championship game to the Chargers. The next year, Green moved to the Dolphins, where he was part of a team whose starters were practically all first round picks. The first Bills game I saw in person was watching the Bills demolish that team of first round picks; in what turned out to be Don Shula's last game as head coach.

The last thing this team needs is the next Eric Green.

Eric Green's Super Bowl dance is what lost the Steelers the AFC Championship game to the Chargers. The next year, Green moved to the Dolphins, where he was part of a team whose starters were practically all first round picks. The first Bills game I saw in person was watching the Bills demolish that team of first round picks; in what turned out to be Don Shula's last game as head coach.

The last thing this team needs is the next Eric Green.

293916[/snapback]

i didn't mean the next Eric Greene as a whole. I meant what he did for his short time with the Steelers was pretty damn good. we don't need him to be the ultimate weapon for us, just an important cog in the machine. And trust me, I watched Eric Greene play and he was a force. Don't care if he dances or not.

If we can get what the Steelers got out of Greene in an undrafted 2nd year player (Peters), I will be happy. Green had close to 1000 yds receiving in 93 i think. That is what I am refering to.