The Most Important Positions are Closest to the Ball

Shaw66

I've mentioned this before, and we saw it again last night.  McD was asked about it agreed - he wants to be strong up the middle.   That's at the core of what he wants to do, and Beane is on the same page.  

Since McD has arrived:  Hyde, Poyer, Edmunds, Lotulelei, Oliver, Morse, Allen.  McBeane's highest draft picks and biggest contracts have gone right up the middle.  

• Like (+1) 3

The best team in the league, for 20 years now, has the best offensive line, and a defensive line/line backers that clog the middle.  They'll kill you in the air, while their QB has enough time to order Domino's and make a cappuccino, but they can also run right through you.  Beating NE has always been about being stronger than them up the middle and playing fundamentally sound- think Ray Lewis's Ravens and Luke Kuechly's Panthers.  Too many teams are willing to leave holes in those areas of the field, and it's so easy to scheme against that- think shallow crossers to Edelman all day because your MLB isn't good enough to cover.  Take him off the field for a lighter coverage guy, and they run right at you.

2 minutes ago, Bray Wyatt said:

Risner or Ford? Assuming Taylor goes before us

Yeah I want Dalton Risner so bad but I expect him to get snatched up before us. He offers so much. Team leader and a guy that can play 4 positions across the OL. Whoever gets him is getting a future team captain of their team.

4 minutes ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

Yeah I want Dalton Risner so bad but I expect him to get snatched up before us. He offers so much. Team leader and a guy that can play 4 positions across the OL. Whoever gets him is getting a future team captain of their team.

Yeah I like him a ton, but it would be hard to pass up the upside of Metcalf at 40.