V-Coach - Bennie Anderson signed

Does this move Tucker back to the bench, or back to Center with Teague going to LT?

Tucker was at center for an injured Teague when the turnaround began last season.

292763[/snapback]

I seem to be alone here (except maybe J frm Hemet) in thinking that this means that Teague is OUT. The fact is, his production vs. Tucker's probably doesn't justify his contract value vs. Tucker's. I say he's a June 1 goner.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I seem to be alone here (except maybe J frm Hemet) in thinking that this means that Teague is OUT.  The fact is, his production vs. Tucker's probably doesn't justify his contract value vs. Tucker's.  I say he's a June 1 goner.

292767[/snapback]

As average as Teague is we can't afford to cut anyone at line unless they suck.

I seem to be alone here (except maybe J frm Hemet) in thinking that this means that Teague is OUT.  The fact is, his production vs. Tucker's probably doesn't justify his contract value vs. Tucker's.  I say he's a June 1 goner.

292767[/snapback]

If the Shelton-Henry trade works out, I'd have to agree...which would give us this OL:

LT: Shelton (350 lbs)

LG: Anderson (345 lbs)

C: Tucker (315 lbs)

RG: Villarial (320 lbs)

RT: Williams (365 lbs)

That's a lot of beef! When a 315 lb lineman is the petite one, you pretty much know the gameplan - run, run, and run some more!

I only hope JP enjoys running around as much as Willis does, because none of those 5 are anything above mediocre with respect to pass blocking.

Does this move Tucker back to the bench, or back to Center with Teague going to LT?

Tucker was at center for an injured Teague when the turnaround began last season.

292763[/snapback]

That is certainly an interesting thought Jay. I felt very comfortable with Tucker at center when he had to play there last season. Even with an improving Teague at Center, that doesn't mean that there can't be some competition, and Tucker could give him a run for his money. Of course a lot may also depend on if we acquire Shelton too :o

Agreed on JMac. But I've seen much less talented players than Freeney or even Schobel burn Anderson... time will tell how this pans out, here's hoping for the best.

292694[/snapback]

Agreed. He will compete but I don't expect much out of this signing. Another Gandy.

Agreed. He will compete but I don't expect much out of this signing. Another Gandy.

292789[/snapback]

The money he was offered says the Bills feel otherwise. Not that you may not be right...

I like Anderson, think he will be good for us, but not if this is true:

The Buffalo Bills signed free agent G Bennie Anderson. Terms were not disclosed.

Anderson should start and speculation has him moving to tackle. He's no Jonas Jennings, but Anderson should at least be serviceable. Mar. 31 - 6:09 pm et

Source: buffalobills.com

292631[/snapback]

Since this came direct from the Bills......I think its TD putting the pressure on Arizona.

While not wanting to seem too confident that the Shelton deal will go down in some fashion, i think our O-line is settled at this exact moment.

LJ,BA,TT,CV,MW

Now guard becomes less of a need, and may mean that we do not need to trade up to select Baas or a solid guard. May we now be focusing on selecting the best available center in the second round to hopefully come in and start? or to replace teague at the end of his contract? I think we have more glaring needs but wouldn't surprise me. There are a lot of ways we can go with our first pick, it will be an exciting draft day (or at least it better be or i will scream).

Anyway, I really have no opinion on this other than to say after listening to TD on Sirius yesterday, I felt there was no way the Bills were going to sign this dude. TD flat out said hes a nice run blocker, implying his pass blocking was somewhat circumspect.

So TD deceived us yesterday when talking about Anderson? But he was telling the truth about the Shelton trade, right? :o

Good signing. Anderson has been a devastating run blocker for a good Ravens O-line. And considering the Bills figure to be running the ball a lot, he "fits the Bill" so to speak. If they can get him to lose weight, that would be great, but I won't hold my breath on that. And I'd also trust McNally versus Ravens fans anyday.

Here's another article that takes some serious shots at him.

http://ravens.mostvaluablenetwork.com/index.php?p=49

292683[/snapback]

Cripes, between this lame site and that ticky-tack Raven's chat board, I'm really glad we have Twobillsdrive/TSW more than ever.

The quality of the posts on that Ravens board was laughable so I'm not too impressed that these are comments from "knowledgeable" fans (more like junior high kids :o ).

Guest BackInDaDay
The money he was offered says the Bills feel otherwise. Not that you may not be right...

292792[/snapback]

Good coaching will guide this over-achiever's play to a higher level, and the good news is, he's been committed since his first visit to Buffalo. Report from NFL.com states he cancelled trips to Carolina and TampaBay right after his meeting with the Bill's staff.

It didn't take long for McNally to get in his head. :o