OMGORSH!!! Josh Allen! (Pure Highlights)

I haven't watched all the videos.   I had one reaction what I did watch.

The videos made me realize how many of the highlights that the media show are running plays.   When I think if Allen these days, I literally forget about his running.   

I mean, his running was great last season, and it helped the Bills win some games, but if he's going to have a big future, it's not going to be by running that much.   If he's the best QB in the league in 10 years, it won't be because he gains 600 yards on the ground.   It will be because he's an outstanding field general with one of the best arms in the history of the league.   That's it.   He has the arm, he just has to learn how to execute a quality NFL offense.  

He'll still scramble, and there still may be occasions when he makes big plays with this legs, but that will be only a small part of what makes him great.  

So what I like in these videos is his pocket presence, the fact that his eyes are always downfield, his quick release, his accuracy (yes, but let's not go there).   That's what gets me excited about this season and the seasons to come. 

I don't quite like how they show completely different tests for each QB on the soul and science videos. Would have been nice to do some comparison.

Edited by MJS

18 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Josh Allen might have to get over the culture shock of having some protection this year.........

I know that's in jest but there's some truth to it. We had a second baseman on my softball team that made too many errors on routine ground balls. One game we were forced to play him at third base. He was outstanding and found a permanent home there. The only reason we could come up with was that at third base it was all about reflexes while at second base there was sometimes too much time to think.