BillfromNYC takes control of Bills, signs 6 OL

22 hours ago, whatdrought said:

I knew that this thread was either a huge success as an inside joke most of the board got and I missed, or else this would be the reaction...

During the playoff drought, a common pattern was this: the Bills would use a first round pick on a DB or RB. That DB or RB would go first-contract-and-out, at which point the front office would use another first round pick on his replacement. Early picks were being spent like water on DBs and RBs, and that came at the direct expense of the offensive line. In the early 2000s Bill Belichick referred to the Bills' offensive line as "horse manure," and that assessment has remained accurate for most years since then. Poor offensive line play has seriously harmed both the running and passing games for most of the past two decades.

During that time, BillfromNYC became known for two things. 1) His "A few thoughts about the game (in no particular order)" thread, created after each game. Virgil has since taken over that task. 2) His desire to see the Bills use early picks on the offensive line, not on DBs or RBs. Out of everyone here, BillfromNYC was considered the most focused on the offensive line.

Edited by KurtGodel77
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, KurtGodel77 said:

During that time, BillfromNYC became known for two things. 1) His "Thoughts about the game (in no particular order)" thread, created after each game. Virgil has since taken over that task. 2) His desire to see the Bills use early picks on the offensive line, not on DBs or RBs. Out of everyone here, BillfromNYC was considered the most focused on the offensive line.

BillfromNYC's game recaps and the debates they provoked are what drew me to this board.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1