Auburn Gymnast Breaks Both Legs During Floor Exercise

13 hours ago, Gray Beard said:

My granddaughter is almost four.   I can’t imagine trying to get her to do anything on a schedule.  She is a totally free spirit and her parents intend to keep her that way for a while.  She goes to a preschool and has fun, but it’s basically just playing with other kids. Nothing very rigorous at all. That’s the way we did it with my kids as well. 

i'm all for it, but we have a kid that loves and needs a schedule.  the girl is intense.  even after a full day of preschool/day care, (that's pretty structured) we pick her up and she asks what we're doing next.  our policy is to let her try activities that interest her.  the problem is she wants to try everything.  so far we have her in gymnastics and swimming lessons.  the only activity she didn't enjoy is martial arts, so we just stopped.  when there's not activities we're at the park, going for walks, play dates, etc.even our 10 month old goes to the little gym.  if our kids sit around, they become insane and i want to commit murder.  i'm already over the driving around and planning my day around kids activities, but if they like them and seem to thrive, i'll do it.

• Thank you (+1) 2

3 hours ago, That's No Moon said:

On the plus shes an aerospace engineer so she can probably design her own walking apparatus, patent it, attach that video clip to it and make a fortune.

Yeah, she's already got a job lined up with Boeing.  She seems to have a great attitude, and I think she's going to be fine. 

6 hours ago, bbb said:

Yeah, she's already got a job lined up with Boeing.  She seems to have a great attitude, and I think she's going to be fine. 

Fine in about six months to a year with a lot of hard work ahead of her...

• Like (+1) 1

I like gruesome but not that much 

here's something a little easier to "digest"

Tiny bees found in woman’s eye, feeding off tears - https://fox59.com/2019/04/10/tiny-bees-found-in-womans-eye-feeding-off-tears/

Doctors treating a Taiwanese woman for a swollen eye were shocked to find four tiny bees living under her left eyelid.

I'm glad that I have avoided the video and have just  read the comments on this.

I try to stay away from these viewing these devastating moments. I never watched what happened to Nick Chubb or the basketball player from Louisville.

Feel awful for this young lady.

12 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

I'm glad that I have avoided the video and have just  read the comments on this.

I try to stay away from these viewing these devastating moments. I never watched what happened to Nick Chubb or the basketball player from Louisville.

i see enough of it watching sports live, the compound fracture in Portland was the last one I saw on TV as it happened, RIGHT THERE!!

8 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Just a quick google showed still images cringe worthy    legs bend the other way 

below the knees 

20 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Just a quick google showed still images cringe worthy    legs bend the other way 

below the knees 

NBA loves compound fractures lately, I guess they have "skiboots" on that are handcrafted so they can't sprain their ankles, and their fib-tib sticks right out through their sock as compensation.

i'd take a sprain, even a bad high one, over 1-2 years to effectively come back from a compound fracture like George or Hayward or Nurkic or Garbajosa

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Was that the basketball playoff?

a week or so ago, you could hear the snap when he landed

then while he was in agony on the floor the ref stepped over him and bumped him instead of walking around him