The Bills Will Be Everyone's "Sleeper" Pick

H2o

15 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

The Bills will be completely overlooked and not discussed as always. Nothing has changed nationally. Nothing. 

90% of people outside bills mafia don’t know anything about the team. 

Free agency is 100% overlooked. We didn’t get Antonio brown or bell, no other superstars.. So we are clearly a much worse team than the jets browns and raiders. 

Bills will get zero love and basically most of the shows on tv people watch those guys will actually have to look up new bills players to even discuss them on tv. 

They will need to start out 4-0 or Allen light the world on fire or something to even get noticed. Which is fine and how I personally like it. 

I was talking to a coworker that is a Ravens fan, he was disappointed they didnt resign John Brown.  He had no idea he signed with Buffalo.

Just now, GreggTX said:

If they're everyone's pick, they aren't "sleepers".

Lol.  Good point.

7 minutes ago, Homey D. Clown said:

The Bills will never be a sleeper pick of any sort until they can post a season where they look like they're about to turn the corner.  That wasn't last season by a long shot.  9-7 doesn't qualify as a sleeper season, so this is really a non-topic.

Then that would be expected and not really a sleeper pick.

17 hours ago, Boca BIlls said:

Maybe a few but who cares. I need to see them win, I don't care about sleeping around before the season begins.

You know what, on top of that Boca, is that I am even going to hold my breathe if they are 5-3 at mid season.

Don't get me wrong, I will enjoy every game, but they have been 5-3 before and stumbled.  I believe in the modern 16 game era they have never started 6-2 and NOT made the playoffs.  That record at the turn will mean a little bit more to me.

• Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

You know what, on top of that Boca, is that I am even going to hold my breathe if they are 5-3 at mid season.

Don't get me wrong, I will enjoy every game, but they have been 5-3 before and stumbled.  I believe in the modern 16 game era they have never started 6-2 and NOT made the playoffs.  That record at the turn will mean a little bit more to me.

well played, Sir.. as always...

• Thank you (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

If they're everyone's pick, they aren't "sleepers".

The premise is I believe that everyone is going to have the narrative of us being a team to watch out for in the AFC. We are not expected to contend, but they will be saying "don't be surprised if the Bills make some noise this year." Or if they are asked to pick a "sleeper" in the AFC then the Bills will be named more often than not.