Dream Team.

I'd guess they want to keep a good chunk of change on the salary cap, meaning $20-30 mil going into the season, giving them $45-50 to spend.  

I think they make a play for at least 3 premier players (e.g. RT Williams, LB Barr, C Morse) that will command an average of $10 mil each ($30 mil), then add a couple more in the $5-7 mil range (WR and TE).  That would allow them to go into the draft and take the BPA.

Re the salary cap, Beane doesn't want to get strapped again, and it's important to get into a situation where you rollover sizeable chunks each year, giving you more flexibility going forward when big contracts come up for the homegrown players.  

12 hours ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

I think many fans are going to be upset that we don't go crazy with the money but I think it's a good thing, Make smart underrated pickups with a possible splash along the OL but the draft is where we need to do our damage, I don't want this team cap strapped.

We have no choice.  We must average I believe 89% of the cap spent and we are behind for the past few seasons.  I bet we spend 50 mil.  We just wont spend that 50 mil stupidly.  It will be on players that carry a lunchpal.

Edited by formerlyofCtown

12 hours ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

I think many fans are going to be upset that we don't go crazy with the money but I think it's a good thing, Make smart underrated pickups with a possible splash along the OL but the draft is where we need to do our damage, I don't want this team cap strapped.

Agreed in terms of not being cap strapped - but don't be surprised if we make a couple large contract signings versus multiple, lower-cost underrated pickups. Likely a little bit of both, but I'm happy Beane at least mentioned his desire to be judicious with FA - bodes well for when we ultimately have to re-sign our current foundation of young talent that will likely command decent pay days. Which is arguably as necessary, if not even more so, as making big FA moves this year.

Edited by ctk232