Sign Anthony Barr in FA

wppete

5 hours ago, BillsVet said:

SAM LBs are going the way of the FB.  Team's don't need to hand out a large contract to one of them.

This loading up on defense mentality has been disproved for years now.

Every time Buffalo signs a defensive UFA or drafts another defender high it takes away from the resources to build a competent NFL offense.  

But a guy who can cover a bit and rush the passer is not the same.  Barr is not a thumper.  He has the athletic ability to cover passing lanes and bend around the corner.  Alexander is a model for the modern day sam imo.  Having Edmunds, Molano, and Barr gives the defense alot of creativity.  

How about Kwon Alexander instead? 

7 hours ago, yungmack said:

Barr is a three down LB who is great against the run and in pass coverage. He is at his best on the outside and was mis-used last year by the Vikes. He is exactly the kind of smart, tough and flexible player McD covets. And he's what? 26? But as much as I'd love to see him here, I seriousl

y doubt the Bills are in the running for his services. If the Chargers, Rams, Hawks, Cards or even the Raiders make a serious run at him, I believe that's where he'll go.

To me Barr struggles in pass coverage 

5 hours ago, Mat68 said:

But a guy who can cover a bit and rush the passer is not the same.  Barr is not a thumper.  He has the athletic ability to cover passing lanes and bend around the corner.  Alexander is a model for the modern day sam imo.  Having Edmunds, Molano, and Barr gives the defense alot of creativity.  

The problem I have with Barr is that he's a SAM that has never proven to be a good pass rusher. Not interested in spending big bucks on that type of player.