Bills should draft TJ Hockenson

DJB

Heres the only issue I have with this idea, becasue he does sound great.  How is Hockenson any different from OJ Howard a couple years ago?  I remember hearing he was a sure thing stud, but he doesnt seem to have made much of an impact in Tampa.  Who was the last 1st round TE to actually make a difference?

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Huh, how 'bout that. I haven't dived in too deep with the draft stuff just yet. But Irv is about the same size as Clay. I think they're really looking for a bigger guy, given their supposed interest in Jesse James (who's close to 6'7") and their attempts at bringing in big red zone targets like Benjamin and Pryor. They're looking for a big dude who can box out and go up and get it. Hockenson may be that guy, I just don't know if they think he's the guy at #9.

1 hour ago, BillsMafia13 said:

Heres the only issue I have with this idea, becasue he does sound great.  How is Hockenson any different from OJ Howard a couple years ago?  I remember hearing he was a sure thing stud, but he doesnt seem to have made much of an impact in Tampa.  Who was the last 1st round TE to actually make a difference?

Vernon Davis? Eric Ebron really turned his career around in Indy this past season. Evan Engram seems to be doing alright. Zach Ertz is probably king of the TE hill at the moment but he was a second round guy. 

Edited by blacklabel
  • Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, blacklabel said:

Huh, how 'bout that. I haven't dived in too deep with the draft stuff just yet. But Irv is about the same size as Clay. I think they're really looking for a bigger guy, given their supposed interest in Jesse James (who's close to 6'7") and their attempts at bringing in big red zone targets like Benjamin and Pryor. They're looking for a big dude who can box out and go up and get it. Hockenson may be that guy, I just don't know if they think he's the guy at #9.

Vernon Davis? Eric Ebron really turned his career around in Indy this past season. Evan Engram seems to be doing alright. Zach Ertz is probably king of the TE hill at the moment but he was a second round guy. 

Yikes thats kind of scary, VD was picked in 2006, Luck loves him some TE's,  and in my opinion Engram was only targeted so much because OBJ was out for the a while.  Seems like the team has to make it a priority to use that TE if they're going to invest in him.  But we definitely need one who can catch a rocket

Edited by BillsMafia13

4 minutes ago, BillsMafia13 said:

Yikes thats kind of scary, VD was picked in 2006 and in my opinion Engram was only targeted so much because OBJ was out for the a while.  Seems like the team has to make it a priority to use that TE if they're going to invest in him

Yeah, I feel the same way. That's why I don't think he'd be in play at 9. Maybe more in the middle of the round? I think he's gonna be a great addition to any team, I just think there are gonna be some better players on the board when the Bills are on the clock.

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/26/2019 at 11:25 AM, CajunBillsBacker said:

Those who think the Bills can trade down and get him are still reading old news. He won’t last past 15 at the latest, and there’s a chance he won’t even make it to 9.

bottom line if he’s your target, you have to take him at 9 if he’s there.

I hope you're right, then a top 9 player will fall into our laps.