Stump @ExiledinIllinois (f/k/a Can someone explain...)

BringBackFergy

18 minutes ago, Gugny said:

https://www.rd.com/culture/radio-stations-k-w/

In 1912, several countries attended a conference to discuss international radiotelegraphs. One of the things that came out of that meeting was the assignment or specific letters to identify each countries radio and television signals. The United States was given the letters W, K, N, and A.

The letters ‘N’ and ‘A’ were given to military stations, but ‘K’ and ‘W’ were assigned out for commercial use. Radio stations east of the Mississippi River had to start their stations with ‘W’, and stations west of the Mississippi with ‘K’. There is some discrepancy though since radio stations that already existed before this rule was put in place weren’t required to change their name

Thanks 26CB. Surprised you didn’t link a Tweet for the answer. Now @ExiledInIllinois can simply search Exiledpedia for the answer. 

18 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

was it following the Asian Carp?

In your case I believe it means

Witless   :D ;) :) :huh: :ph34r:  :wub:

Reportisimo

• Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Gugny said:

https://www.rd.com/culture/radio-stations-k-w/

In 1912, several countries attended a conference to discuss international radiotelegraphs. One of the things that came out of that meeting was the assignment or specific letters to identify each countries radio and television signals. The United States was given the letters W, K, N, and A.

The letters ‘N’ and ‘A’ were given to military stations, but ‘K’ and ‘W’ were assigned out for commercial use. Radio stations east of the Mississippi River had to start their stations with ‘W’, and stations west of the Mississippi with ‘K’. There is some discrepancy though since radio stations that already existed before this rule was put in place weren’t required to change their name

I think there is a "K" station in Pittsburgh & another on in NYC?

But don't quote me on in it until  "WikiFacts @BringBackFergy " peer-reviews what I just said.

Also checks it with his barrister algorithm @ Lawyer.com.  ?

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

35 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

If a Ziploc bag is permeable, concrete and steel would have more voids than a Ziploc bag. Air go, water should seep through a concrete or steel lock just as water seeps through a Ziploc bag. Explain. 

I think you need to correct that to:

Selectively permeable.

Like GORE-TEX®. Right?  Am I in the right ballpark?

Now... Go easy on Me!  No need to get snarky.  Just throwing it out there.  ?

On 3/1/2019 at 9:48 PM, ExiledInIllinois said:

I think you need to correct that to:

Selectively permeable.

Like GORE-TEX®. Right?  Am I in the right ballpark?

Now... Go easy on Me!  No need to get snarky.  Just throwing it out there.  ?

Apparently, the old Asian carp snuck past your “wall”. I thought you were there to protect us from the Asian invasion. 

Read the article carefully. I think the journalist made a mistake. Can you find it?

https://www.13abc.com/content/news/Asian-carp-larvae-found-in-Maumee-River-506819821.html

6 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

Apparently, the old Asian carp snuck past your “wall”. I thought you were there to protect us from the Asian invasion. 

Read the article carefully. I think the journalist made a mistake. Can you find it?

https://www.13abc.com/content/news/Asian-carp-larvae-found-in-Maumee-River-506819821.html

FakeNews©!

GRASS CARP.  They have been in all the Lakes except Superior since mid-1990s.

It's amazing what stories and misinformation can be spread to push a political agenda.

There are 4 species:

Black

Grass

Silver

Big Head

Silver (the ones that jump) and big head... Are the ones they are worried about.

Please don't be a low-information reader and just read headlines...

1 hour ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

FakeNews©!

GRASS CARP.  They have been in all the Lakes except Superior since mid-1990s.

It's amazing what stories and misinformation can be spread to push a political agenda.

There are 4 species:

Black

Grass

Silver

Big Head

Silver (the ones that jump) and big head... Are the ones they are worried about.

Please don't be a low-information reader and just read headlines...

I knew if anyone could find the error it was you. I expect you will be sending a strongly worded email to the reporterette??

16 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

I knew if anyone could find the error it was you. I expect you will be sending a strongly worded email to the reporterette??

Grass carp for the first three years of life cycle vaccuum up zooplankton like the silver and big head do throughout their whole life.  Yet, after 3 years or so, grass carp switch exclusively to vegetation.  Asian grass carp have been in Lakes for decades.  When they rotenoned the two miles in the lower pool below the lock in 2011... They pulled out over 100,000 pounds of fish.  11,000 individual fish from across 30+ species.  It was mostly GRASS CARP.  NOT ONE silver or big head.

No. I am well past letting them know, if ever that phase.  This has been going on for almost 20 years... Places like Toledo are looking for political $$$$.  The news knows what they are doing.

The way they are managing the fisheries is the issue.  The DNRs are their own worst enemy.  They introduced NorthWest Pacific (coho) salmon in the Middle 3 Lakes starting in 1967.  That's what they are worried about.  DNR created the salmon industry, fishing charters.  Asian carp is a direct threat to the fishery... And that salmon stamp $$$$ on the fishing licenses.