Erie County to spend 3mill on updates at New Era, including new field

YoloinOhio

8 hours ago, The Senator said:

I suppose some folks may have said the same things about The Old Rockpile, but realize that, as a professional football venue, Rich/The Ralph/New Era has surpassed War Memorial Stadium by more than a decade.

The current facility is ‘serviceable’ for a few more years, but I would have a huge issue with anyone who thinks dropping a $half billion$ on a total rehab/rebuild isn’t foolish.

Buffalo is finally undergoing a renaissance of sorts, needs and deserves a new downtown football stadium to keep the momentum going, and the Pegulas have quietly been acquiring the land for it.

JMO.

As long as it is JYD (just your dollars) I agree.  I cannot see any new stadium working in Buffalo with PSLs and where are they going to find buyers for enhanced suites and advertising?

2 hours ago, The Senator said:

Sure they are.  Their appetite for the game is insatiable!

That’s why the Rams left, the Chargers moved, the Raiders moved twice and are now leaving.

They love their football so much that the nation’s second largest city had no team at all for two decades. ?

Um, San Diego already has a football team.

The Fleet?? That’s like saying Buffalo already has a baseball team. 

Lets compare apples to apples here, or at least keep it in the same ball park?

• Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

As long as it is JYD (just your dollars) I agree.  I cannot see any new stadium working in Buffalo with PSLs and where are they going to find buyers for enhanced suites and advertising?

...are we forgetting Dunkirk Don's dome complex?.......

2 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

I am trying to forget that Dunkirk Don exists and wish when posters create aliases mods with change title to "poster alias".

...LOL...he was TBD's very own "Howie from TMZ".....or WNY's "National Enquirer"......BTW, I think folks should stop expecting Pegula to pony up $800+ mil for a Lucas Oil type facility for Bflo......so we'll see what Guido Cuomo does now that AOC chased Amazon out and what his plans are for his "weed tax"..............

2 minutes ago, Chill said:

The Fleet?? That’s like saying Buffalo already has a baseball team. 

Lets compare apples to apples here, or at least keep it in the same ball park?

Apples and apples are being compared but one is one of those apples before cross fertilization.

A modern apple and a crabapple. 

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Just when we think no one in Buffalo has that kind of scratch, along comes some unknown guy worth $5B, and willing to spend half of it on Buffalo’s two major league teams.

There’s plenty of quiet - and also not so quiet - money in BuffTown.  Plenty of private folks and corporate entities that can afford suites and PSLs, plenty of companies that would love to have their name on a state-of-the-art downtown stadium, and plenty of companies that would be eager to advertise.

You don’t think all those new medical corridor firms and their employees have money?  

Come on now, have a little faith in our city.

Edited by The Senator

13 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...LOL...he was TBD's very own "Howie from TMZ".....or WNY's "National Enquirer"......BTW, I think folks should stop expecting Pegula to pony up $800+ mil for a Lucas Oil type facility for Bflo......so we'll see what Guido Cuomo does now that AOC chased Amazon out and what his plans are for his "weed tax"..............

It’s all about the revenue. Here is San Diego, the Padres just signed a player for 300 mill guaranteed. Thats a 1/3 rd of a new stadium, for a freakin baseball player. 

Gotta spend money to make it. 

5 minutes ago, The Senator said:

Just when we think no one in Buffalo has that kind of scratch, along comes some unknown guy worth $5B, and willing to spend half of it on Buffalo’s two major league teams.

There’s plenty of quiet - and also not so quiet - money in BuffTown.  Plenty of private folks and corporate entities that can afford suites and PSLs, plenty of companies that would love to have their name on a state-of-the-art downtown stadium, and plenty of companies that would be eager to advertise.

You don’t think all those new medical corridor firms and their employees have money?  

Come on now, have a little faith in our city.

Shows us some facts. This speculation sounds nice but not believable...

Buffalos economy has improved slightly in the last decade, however, I would like to see millionaire per capita. 

Edited by Chill

20 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...are we forgetting Dunkirk Don's dome complex?.......

I certainly haven’t. I scooped up large swaths of land along the Rt. 36/408 Letchworth corridor because I connected the dots. 

• Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Chill said:

It’s all about the revenue. Here is San Diego, the Padres just signed a player for 300 mill guaranteed. Thats a 1/3 rd of a new stadium, for a freakin baseball player. 

Gotta spend money to make it. 

Shows us some facts. This speculation sounds nice but not believable...

Buffalos economy has improved slightly in the last decade, however, I would like to see millionaire per capita. 

think a 162 game season versus 16 helps?.....

22 minutes ago, Chill said:

It’s all about the revenue. Here is San Diego, the Padres just signed a player for 300 mill guaranteed. 

Yeah, too bad the Padres suck out loud, and too bad Machado won’t help that ?

Thats a 1/3 rd of a new stadium, for a freakin baseball player. 

Yeah, and since the Padres suck so bad, the money would have been better spent on a new stadium.  Maybe then San Diego could have a shot at being an NFL city.

Edited by The Senator

Just now, Limeaid said:

Do you think he will play 162 games?

Probably not. 

He will draw a crowd every home game. TV ratings will go up.

Padres now have an excuse to raise ticket prices, and San Diegans love spending mula. 

It’s a win/ wins for the pads.  

2 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

Are you Beavis, or Butthead?

I am the Great Cornholio!!  ? 

• Haha (+1) 1