Telemarketers.

Have you experienced the same person who routinely makes calls to your house and doesn't get the message when you tell them you're not interested in their products or services?

What have you done to block a specifice number or range of numbers?

I'm aware that the phone company provides a call blocking service but it's not full proof.

I've already threatened legal action which I'm quite serious in since I have the number on caller ID.

Have you experienced the same person who routinely makes calls to your house and doesn't get the message when you tell them you're not interested in their products or services?

I'm aware that the phone company provides a call blocking service but it's not full proof. 

I've already threatened legal action which I'm quite serious in since I have the number on caller ID.

290174[/snapback]

Take the call. Put them on hold. Walk away. Keep doing it. After it costs them enough money, they'll stop.

i like to hand the phone to my muttering 3 year old niece!    :lol:

290182[/snapback]

Or, you could act like a retarded Christopher Walken. That's always fun.

Whenever they ask a question, take the conversation in a totally different direction.

Them: Is your long distance bill too high?

You: Frankenstein never scared me.

Them: We can help you lower it.

You: Because he walked so rigidly.

I work in a call center for my 2nd job.

All you need to do is to ask to be placed on the "Do Not Call List"

The representative will read you a formal disclosure and then code you "DL" which is the code for Don not call.

Hopefully this will help.

290174[/snapback]

I use and highly recommend a little device called The Screen Machine. Google it.

I havent had 1 solicitation in the 4 years I've used it. And all my friends, family and invited business could easily get through if I wasnt such a shallow, lonely man.

Almost as bad as telemarketers....the people at Delta Sonic.

Would you like underspray? NO

Would you like touchless? NO

Would you like an air freshener? NO

Would you like white wall cleaner? NO

Would you like me to STFU?  YES!!!!!!!

290219[/snapback]

I had to take my car in early Saturday morning, to get my front headlight bulb replaced. I could not figure out how to change it myself, as I am mechanically challenged when it comes to cars.

Anyway, the only place open that early was Firestone. I go in and say, "I need my front right headlight bulb replaced". The say, it will cost $30.00 I say fine, just do it. (I can't believe I am paying $30 to change a light bulb!!!) So, it takes like an hour and a half, and when they are finally done, the little hottie working behind the counter, says "the mechanic says you have severe back tire rot, would you like for us to change your back tires?" "NO" I say, because I know the tires are fine.

She comes back again and says "the mechanic says your wind shield wipers could use replacing, would you like us to change them for you?" "NO!"

She goes through another few things that someone has obviously told her to sell me on. I just explain to her that I can change the wipers myself (I am not that mechanically challenged!), and I just want to pay and get out of there. She rings me up (it ends up being $36 bucks!), and on the receipt, at the bottom, it has a whole list of work that I "declined" as recommended by their mechanic. None of the things listed were things she mentioned. What a scam these places are!

Sorry for the rant! And another thing......

slamming the phone as hard as you can does wonders for an eardrum. My dad did it to some guy a few years ago. An hour later the phone rings.

dad: "hello"

telemarketer: "hello, is this mr. Gmac?"

dad: "yes it is"

telemarketer: "how do you like it ****!?" (PHONE SLAMS).

we both thought it was pretty funny.

Or, you could act like a retarded Christopher Walken.  That's always fun.

290189[/snapback]

The SNL skit a few years back w/ the Census guy was classic. :lol:

Anywho, there's the Federal Do Not Call List for telemarketers. It doesn't stop nonprofits or pollsters/survey people from calling you, but the phone rings a lot less here. I've got a phone for my convenience, not for theirs.

290174[/snapback]

There is an advantage to Dial Up Internet after all :lol: I can only suggest that after saying you're not interested tell them "Please Remove Me From Your List".

Do what I do.

Hang up on 'em.

290364[/snapback]

I did that 4 times yet would still call back very pissed. :P

I asked to speak to his supervisor. When he said he was it, I asked for full name, the company he worked for and the physical street address of said company.

Before he had a chance to call me back, I took the phone off the hook and all he got back for an hour was a busy signal. :lol:

I was serious about giving his phone number to my attorney and proceed with harrassment charges amongst others.

Somehow, I don't think he'll be calling back.

Thanks for the tips guys and gals.

slamming the phone as hard as you can does wonders for an eardrum. My dad did it to some guy a few years ago. An hour later the phone rings.

290368[/snapback]

Loses it's gusto when you have to angrily push the "end" button as hard as you can.

290368[/snapback]

You know what, something similar happened to me about five years ago. This Telemarketer called, I told him we weren't interested. He kept going on, i told him again we weren't interested. After the third time, I told him we weren't interested and hung up.

About two minutes later the phone rings and this guy's on the other end. He starts going off on me, telling me how rude I am and cursing at me. I told him to go eff his mother and slammed the phone again.

Guess what? He called me AGAIN. I then told him I wanted his supervisor and he finally hung up. I actually had a telemarketing stalker, can you BILLieve it?

290174[/snapback]

Government do not call list

https://www.donotcall.gov/default.aspx

Only ones who are exempt are:

1. Pollsters (despite trying to sell you a slanted bag of goods)

2. Political (despite they are trying to sell a bag of gas)

3. Charities (despite trying to sell you salvation)

Three months later, if they continue to call report and collect.

In the meantime I recommend getting a telezapper. It works against the autodial by computers telemarketers.

Only one I am still having problems with is the timeshare sales people who do not seem to understand rules apply to them as well.

Government do not call list

https://www.donotcall.gov/default.aspx

Only ones who are exempt are:

1. Pollsters (despite trying to sell you a slanted bag of goods)

2. Political (despite they are trying to sell a bag of gas)

3. Charities (despite trying to sell you salvation)

Three months later, if they continue to call report and collect.

In the meantime I recommend getting a telezapper.  It works against the autodial by computers telemarketers.

Only one I am still having problems with is the timeshare sales people who do not seem to understand rules apply to them as well.

290634[/snapback]

Provided the link upthread, but since people are still talking about it, it bears re-linking.

I highly recommend that everyone sign up on this, unless you like the phone ringing during dinner.

I have still gotten calls from time-share azzholes too (maybe there's an exemption for them) and they are serious phone stalkers. But it carries a certain weight when you can say "I am on the federal Do Not Call List. I have your number on my CallerID and I'm now going to report you to the FTC and you will be fined $30,000 for calling me. Goodbye." You don't even need to say "Take me off your list" when you say that.