Bills have only 5 players left from before McDermott arrived

1 hour ago, Chuck Schick said:

For me, there is genuine hope that this plan is going to work out.  Of course we have no idea....there are a ton of moving pieces.    But I can't help but appreciate the decisiveness and strategic effort this regime has shown so far.  I'm not afraid that they're going to get outworked, that's for sure. 

agreed.  i feel like there is a plan in place, and this staff isn't going to stray from the course.  i certainly never felt as positive about guys like jauron and gailey, but i seem to have more hope for this crew.  there has to be progress.  if next year looks anything like this past year, the bills will have officially depressed me for the first time in a long time.

Edited by teef

19 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

No.......it's not true.

Your "facts to takes" ratio is impossibly low.

We need a new stat for you.........Takes Below Replacement.

KB flat out sucked for a year and a half in Buffalo..........do a little work rather than just bickering using fact-free opinions.:rolleyes:

...so then I prolly should ignore his promise, right??.............

"It's just a bad season," Benjamin said. "It is what it is. Just football, man. You have good seasons, you have bad seasons. I've had successful seasons in this league. I'll have plenty more. For some reason, it's just not the year."

For years I kept reading here that the Bills talent level has improved since Buddy Nix and yet the win level never really improved. Only two 9-7 seasons in 2014, 2017 with Kyle Orton passing, Tyrod Taylor running at QB and both with very different ways to get to that record. 

Now, we all know why this team took a nosedive this past year from 9-7 to 6-10 and it all starts and ends with the offensive line. Most Bills fans knew and stated this would be a bad year once the team lost Woods, Incognito. While the stats don't really show how bad the run game went into the toilet because the QB was the leading rusher. (631 yards, 8 rushing TDs with a 7.1 yards per attempt)

Even with those astounding YPA numbers by the QB, the overall team sucked big time with a 21st in the NFL in YPA!! This down from 2017 in which the team was 14th in the league in yards per rushing attempt with Tyrod having a 5.1 YPA. Down again from 2016 when the Buffalo Bills were the #1 team in the league in YPA, #1 in rushing TDs, #1 in rushing yards with LeSean McCoy a 5.4 YPA. 

If this team is going to do better than 9 wins this season they need to drastically improve the talent on that offensive line. They need to bring back that top run game from 2016 with an influx of quality talent at just about every position on that line. Most importantly find a top center and left guard as they had with Woods, Incognito and replacing Miller, Mills at RG, RT. 

The solution for getting back to the playoffs is simple, yet not easy to find that superior quality offensive line talent. And a quality #1 WR, slot WR, TE too.