Crazy Trade Rumor!

R. Rich

Who cares about that ?  Lets talk about about far more important issues on a football board.

Have you ever been arrested ?

What TV shows did you watch last night ?

What's for lunch ?

What color are your socks ? 

Are you part of a posse or own a cowbell ?

289862[/snapback]

Hater.

You are just jealous that you are not part of the "in" crowd, as determined by themselves.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who cares about that ?  Lets talk about about far more important issues on a football board.

Have you ever been arrested ?

What TV shows did you watch last night ?

What's for lunch ?

What color are your socks ? 

Are you part of a posse or own a cowbell ?

289862[/snapback]

My socks were white with a yellow toe, but now they are white with a yellow toe and grayish brown on the bottom and have a small hole in the heel. Oh, wiat. A hole is not a color. Now I've gone off topic. Sorry.

BTW,

No.

Nothing.

Samoas.

See above.

I don't know what that means.

I'd take Rivers over the top two rated QBs in this draft. A Cal QB rated #1? Hmmm. Every Cal QB has been a system QB who doesn't amount to much in the NFL. He's smarter than Boller but not as athletic. Rivers put up amazing numbers playing against better competition.

San Diego would be INSANE to trade a QB from LAST year's draft for one from this year's draft.

289778[/snapback]

Why would San Diego use the pick they acquire to draft another QB? If Brees is set as their QB, trade Rivers and grab someone else with that pick. It's not a bad idea for either team.

Why would San Diego use the pick they acquire to draft another QB?  If Brees is set as their QB, trade Rivers and grab someone else with that pick.  It's not a bad idea for either team.

290466[/snapback]

As stated before, it would be a horrible cap move. There are a couple ways to get around it though.

A. Trade Brees instead of Rivers.

B. Tell the 49ers who to draft, let them sign him, and then make a trade. That way both teams are responsible for the signing bonus cap hits of their picks.

Neither one will happen, and I doubt a trade will either. Seems like kind of a waste on SD part though. They are dumping a lot of money into the QB position. It sucks to give up Brees after how he played last year, but they should really make a move with one of these guys.

By the way, any word on DeMulling?

289774[/snapback]

" You could say the Bills should have tried to outbid the Detroit Lions for offensive guard Rick DeMulling. But Buffalo is already paying Villarrial $3 million per year. Adding DeMulling would have meant paying two starting guards up to $6 million annually. That's way too much for that position." - Allen Wilson's Buffalo News Article

This implies that DeMulling has made his decision. I don't think Wilson is very connected and his football knowledge is somewhat lacking. I haven't seen anything anywhere that mentions DeMulling has made a decision.

RTB

" You could say the Bills should have tried to outbid the Detroit Lions for offensive guard Rick DeMulling. But Buffalo is already paying Villarrial $3 million per year. Adding DeMulling would have meant paying two starting guards up to $6 million annually. That's way too much for that position." - Allen Wilson's Buffalo News Article

This implies that DeMulling has made his decision. I don't think Wilson is very connected and his football knowledge is somewhat lacking. I haven't seen anything anywhere that mentions DeMulling has made a decision.

RTB

290849[/snapback]

Demulling signed with Detroit on March 16th.