State of the Union Address - Choosing Greatness

B-Man

Pelosi Outsmarted Herself on the SOTU
by David Catron

Original Article

They’re not even pretending any more.

Now.                                                                                                2016 (white is ominous)

Dyz-VZiX0AAGQox.jpg.......................Dyz-VZiW0AIHGi_.jpg

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

That is really a two part thing and you're being unfair IMO.  I can assure you that I am not obsessed with you.  I don't know what you mean by he who must not be named other than it is someone else that is obsessed with you.  Based on your politics my guess would be Tom Tuttle from Tacoma Washington but I could be wrong.

Anyway your poetry stuff did draw me in I suppose, but it isn't an obsession.  The stuff you've posted is all fluffy and clearly written by people who sat in rooms and thought all day after leading a cushy existence.  That's fine but there are other places in the world, and some have more of an edge.  Poetry from there is important too, wouldn't you agree? The oak leaf is different from the maple leaf because of its neighborhood.  It doesn't make either one wrong.  Both classics give people cause to think.  Clearly Tubbs background is different from some of the hoy palloy you've referenced.  That's ok.

Maybe you grew up with hippy parents and learned to love that poetry.  No problem.  I grew up in a place that didn't foster that.  There were brilliant kids and some truly talented with the pen.  But when they were growing up and went to school there were certain teachers there that would hurt the children.  Any way they could, they would do it.  We tried to learn but they would just pour derision on anything we did.  It brought down the guard of many of them  All their weaknesses were exposed.  I think it is why my friend Brian Temple ended up a stoner and died the way he did.  We all tried to hide our weaknesses but the teachers were relentless. It gave us an edge and changed our taste in poetry.  That's ok isn't it?  In retrospect, even the teachers had their issues although it is no excuse for what they did.  Still it is sad.  When they went home at night there psychotic wives would often thrash them to within inches of their lives.  This was known around town, but the torture chambers that were their classrooms remained covered up.  Maple leaf/Oak leaf amirite? 

Thank you for making me laugh this morning, I'm soon off for a consultation on whether i need the plaster on my ankle problems today.... so i'm kinda doped up and in a little pain...

:D

• Thank you (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Dyz-VZiX0AAGQox.jpg.......................Dyz-VZiW0AIHGi_.jpg

Once again we see how disingenuous the left can be.

They try SO hard to pin labels on people, yet who is always wearing blackface?

Who is saying "Believe all women," then refer to them as effin' pitches after getrting called out for sexually assaulting and raping women?

Who is always standing for themselves, but kneeling against police and sitting for the unborn?

Who claims to protect the minorities while leading them to fewer opportunities for prosperity and more opportunities for government dependence so they can keep them on the Dem plantation.

It's impossible for me to express how much I hated Trump and despised him getting the GOP nod, but damn if he doesn't make you leftists look as petty, hypocritical and disingenuous as I could have ever believed possible. You make Justin Trudeau seem reasonable.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

That is really a two part thing and you're being unfair IMO.  I can assure you that I am not obsessed with you.  I don't know what you mean by he who must not be named other than it is someone else that is obsessed with you.  Based on your politics my guess would be Tom Tuttle from Tacoma Washington but I could be wrong.

Anyway your poetry stuff did draw me in I suppose, but it isn't an obsession.  The stuff you've posted is all fluffy and clearly written by people who sat in rooms and thought all day after leading a cushy existence.  That's fine but there are other places in the world, and some have more of an edge.  Poetry from there is important too, wouldn't you agree? The oak leaf is different from the maple leaf because of its neighborhood.  It doesn't make either one wrong.  Both classics give people cause to think.  Clearly Tubbs background is different from some of the hoy palloy you've referenced.  That's ok.

Maybe you grew up with hippy parents and learned to love that poetry.  No problem.  I grew up in a place that didn't foster that.  There were brilliant kids and some truly talented with the pen.  But when they were growing up and went to school there were certain teachers there that would hurt the children.  Any way they could, they would do it.  We tried to learn but they would just pour derision on anything we did.  It brought down the guard of many of them  All their weaknesses were exposed.  I think it is why my friend Brian Temple ended up a stoner and died the way he did.  We all tried to hide our weaknesses but the teachers were relentless. It gave us an edge and changed our taste in poetry.  That's ok isn't it?  In retrospect, even the teachers had their issues although it is no excuse for what they did.  Still it is sad.  When they went home at night there psychotic wives would often thrash them to within inches of their lives.  This was known around town, but the torture chambers that were their classrooms remained covered up.  Maple leaf/Oak leaf amirite? 

#buildTheWall

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

How you know Americans liked the SOTU speech................just check the democrats faces.

DysFLhrWwAAWqp8.jpgDysFLhcWoAAnFiK.jpgDysFLhIX0AAnhuM.jpg

DysG_zaWsAAiBM8.jpgDysG_zMWsAElmQO.jpgDysHqSjX0AAyaF0.jpg

DysHqSwXgAMfq23.jpgDysHqShW0AE0O5_.jpgDysG_zaWwAESCmi.jpg

DysJ5ODX4AAQGux.jpgDysJ5NzWwAYFHAQ.jpgDysJ5OAXQAAtb0s.jpg

DysNvoFXQAEJ97q.jpgDysTk5JX4AEedlZ.jpgDysTk4-XcAE8B1X.jpg

Wonder if Tim Kaine was trying to remember where left his yearbook. ......Oh, Virginia …

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1