Green Bay Wisconsin forecast

Ice bowl 67

3 hours ago, Augie said:

I acquired cold tolerance growing up in WNY. I gave it to Goodwill when I moved to Florida. 

I was close to taking over my sister's home after she died (clearwater),no note,just give my brother and other sister 2/3 rd of full value...and then we got together and looked at the many pictures of the four of us growing up together..into the wedding photos..video tapes.our parents.

The home is vacant..we pay the small amount in taxation,utility to continue and property insurance...a old warrior retired Hamburg cop that lives across the street has a set of keys..checks in..etc.

It's been just over a year.

12 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

I was close to taking over my sister's home after she died (clearwater),no note,just give my brother and other sister 2/3 rd of full value...and then we got together and looked at the many pictures of the four of us growing up together..into the wedding photos..video tapes.our parents.

The home is vacant..we pay the small amount in taxation,utility to continue and property insurance...a old warrior retired Hamburg cop that lives across the street has a set of keys..checks in..etc.

It's been just over a year.

Wow....that’s a year? Time is a strange thing. Everyone handles it in their own way. No right or wrong there. 

I wish I had bought my sisters out of my mom’s condo when she came here from Sarasota for assisted living. While I’d rather be there, I don’t want to be away from my family. But my wife is about to start a life with a LOT more travel. Where would I rather be alone? 

1 hour ago, Augie said:

Wow....that’s a year? Time is a strange thing. Everyone handles it in their own way. No right or wrong there. 

I wish I had bought my sisters out of my mom’s condo when she came here from Sarasota for assisted living. While I’d rather be there, I don’t want to be away from my family. But my wife is about to start a life with a LOT more travel. Where would I rather be alone? 

On the 18th.

I know I could never live in the house,I just don't want to part with it. 

Aug...you need to get your bride to retire...

You belong in The Keys..or Naples.

2 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

On the 18th.

I know I could never live in the house,I just don't want to part with it. 

Aug...you need to get your bride to retire...

You belong in The Keys..or Naples.

What she is embarking upon is the culmination of the last 30+ years of effort. Sammy Watkins would not make fun of her. It’s not just the money, it’s what she lives for. I strive for happy. She longs for achievement. She is from a long line of high achievers. It’s genetic, apparently. If the next year or so goes well, I’ll look at places in SRQ or Naples. 

Hard to decide what to do with a property that is so emotional. You can’t let it sit forever. Not my place to advise, but you need to make a call. You will know in time, just don’t let it fester. You need to act, IMO. Best wishes however it goes. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

On ‎1‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 12:57 AM, ExiledInIllinois said:

Frost Line is about 40".  Pipes are 48" deep.  Never had issues, even @ -30°F.

Couple years ago in the Arrowhead of Minnesota skiing near Thunder Bay, Ontario... It was -30°F... I got up every 3 hours at hotel to start my Jeep... Should have had an engine block heater.  But, where do you plug in?

Some hotels have outdoor outlets just for that reason. My Dad mentioned seeing them when they drove through Canada/Alaska several years ago. 

On ‎1‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 9:46 PM, Ice bowl 67 said:

This Wednesday's high will be -9 below zero and a low of 18 below. The night before will be 22 below, can you say Ouch!

Right down the road from you, out of Appleton, we get a 43,000# truck every day of the week of thermal coated paper.  They haven't stopped shipping