Josh Allen has been working with Jordan Palmer with McDermott's blessing

Just now, #34fan said:

BB started by getting a real  Job for an NFL team.  -He wasn't some hack peddling his meager position knowledge as a 'side hustle'.   :lol:

I also prefer lawyers who've been in front of judges before.  Shocking, I know. :rolleyes:

You keep making ridiculous false comparisons.

2 hours ago, Bangarang said:

How does this thread have so many pages!? How much discussion could this topic possibly bring?

I was just thinking this exact thing. 

WTF

How could anyone view the Bills quarterback putting in extra work in the offseason as a bad thing? Just because they don't like the person with whom said QB has chosen to train?!

Some people could kvetch about a free lunch. Sheesh.

Edited by Logic

12 minutes ago, Logic said:

How could anyone view the Bills quarterback putting in extra work in the offseason as a bad thing? Just because they don't like the person with whom said QB has chosen to train?!

All that "person" ever did in college,or the the NFL was suck.

it's not as personal as you imply.

3 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

I did nothing of the kind.  

Never said you did.

-But you want to, don't you? ;)

Edited by #34fan

8 minutes ago, #34fan said:

Like comparing one of the most successful coaches of all time to someone who's never had a job in the NFL?   :w00t:

The point people were making was that he didn't need to of been a great NFL player to be a good coach. Which seems to be important to you even though we can probably find a lot of other examples of bad players good coaches.

6 minutes ago, #34fan said:

3 hours ago, #34fan said:

And I don't see why a failed QB who's never held a 'coaching' job with any pro team should be molding my franchise QB.

Yah... Possibly even getting worse.

I sense trolling in our future.....

So your take is that our 1st year QB should be working out with Belichick?

Where do we even begin to address this line of solid reasoning?

1. If you are not just trolling for the kicks,(there is waay to much negative in your posts). You realize that many NFL players participate in private training camps in the off-season - this us nothing new. If they feel it helps their game they stay with it. Darnold, Allen, and Watson feels his program helps their game. There you go.

2. It does not take successful QBs to make good coaches. In fact, being good decision makers and judges of talent may have nothing to do with an individual's career success. AKA John Elway running the Broncos org and every QB they have into the artificial turf.

3. Even a cursory search on the subject disproves your passionately misguided thoughts on the subject.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2019/1/14/18180443/bengals-head-coach-nfl-head-coaches-quarterbacks-la-rams-zac-taylor

4. Alex VanPelt - warmly regarded in his time with the Bills as the Pill as he was shaped like the Pillsbury Doughboy. He could read defenses, knew exactly where to go with the ball, and would throw some of the ugliest wounded duck passes you ever saw.

Been a successful QB coach for years, part of the Green Bay coaching exit in 2018, picked up by the Bengals new staff.

Edited by WideNine
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

The point people were making was that he didn't need to of been a great NFL player to be a good coach. 

A 100% straw-man point considering no one said you needed to be.

What I'd prefer, (for my 1st round QB) is someone with a track record of success coaching in the league.  -However small.

Get a job.  -Assisting... Coaching... Something...

Palmer's crap career is only relevant because it's his only professional credential... A fact that should worry those interested in Allen's development.

6 minutes ago, #34fan said:

A 100% straw-man point considering no one said you needed to be.

What I'd prefer, (for my 1st round QB) is someone with a track record of success coaching in the league.  -However small.

Get a job.  -Assisting... Coaching... Something...

Palmer's crap career is only relevant because it's his only professional credential... A fact that should worry those interested in Allen's development.

He's had this job for several years now and has been hired repeatedly by some of the top QB prospects of each draft.

I mean I've also brought up that after working with him Allen's mechanics actually seemed to improve but you just seem to like to ignore that point.

On ‎1‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 2:36 AM, #34fan said:

We could have had Frank Reich! :o

We're supposed to get all excited becuz Josh is working with a former marginal pro/college QB.

Josh doesn't need a teacher.  He needs a coach.

I mean I suppose you didn't specifically say you had to of been a good NFL QB but I'd say you at least heavily implied it.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, #34fan said:

It's funny. Allen seemed to improve greatly under Palmer between the Senior Bowl and training camp with the Bills.

But I'm sure you know better. Because, ya know, no former bad or mediocre NFL player has ever gone on to succeed as a coach or anything ?

2 hours ago, #34fan said:

BB started by getting a real  Job for an NFL team.  -He wasn't some hack peddling his meager position knowledge as a 'side hustle'.   :lol:

I also prefer lawyers who've been in front of judges before.  Shocking, I know. :rolleyes:

One of the most myopic takes in TBD history. Congrats!

Oh, and Belichick got his start breaking down game film for his dad at the Naval Academy as a 10 year old. He was a football prodigy for crissakes. 

59 minutes ago, WideNine said:

I sense trolling in our future.....

:) Oh do you, now?

1 hour ago, WideNine said:

4. Alex VanPelt - warmly regarded in his time with the Bills as the Pill as he was shaped like the Pillsbury Doughboy. He could read defenses, knew exactly where to go with the ball, and would throw some of the ugliest wounded duck passes you ever saw.

Been a successful QB coach for years, part of the Green Bay coaching exit in 2018, picked up by the Bengals new staff.

Exactly... Got a real Job, and accrued legit credentials.  -Worked for FREE @ UB in order to build that resume.

3. Even a cursory search on the subject disproves your passionately misguided thoughts on the subject.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2019/1/14/18180443/bengals-head-coach-nfl-head-coaches-quarterbacks-la-rams-zac-taylor

And again….Zac Taylor's credentials:

As coach:

Are you really this bad,  or do you enjoy making my points for me?

13 minutes ago, #34fan said:

:) Oh do you, now?

Exactly... Got a real Job, and accrued legit credentials.  -Worked for FREE @ UB in order to build that resume.

....and then went on as a paid coach for the: Buffalo Bills, Tampa Bay, Green Bay, and now Cincinnati. Ohhhh...you got me there.

And again….Zac Taylor's credentials:

As coach:

Are you really this bad,  or do you enjoy making my points for me?

....almost there 

you almost got to the point of the article below. Which was that there are plenty of successful coaches that were no great shakes as former QB's, or career backups:

"Other former quarterbacks or quarterbacks coaches who are active head coaches are Freddie Kitchens, Matt Nagy, Frank Reich, Kyle Shanahan, Bruce Arians, Jay Gruden, Adam Gase and Kliff Kingsbury."

so I am kind of done with your nonsense.

Edited by WideNine

35 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Oh, and Belichick got his start breaking down game film for his dad at the Naval Academy as a 10 year old. He was a football prodigy for crissakes. 

A football prodigy who took a $25 a week job assisting Ted Marchibroda on the Baltimore colts?

:lol:

Your arguments against honest work would be hilarious if they weren't so pitiful.

53 minutes ago, Logic said:

But I'm sure you know better. Because, ya know, no former bad or mediocre NFL player has ever gone on to succeed as a coach or anything ?

Palmer giving himself the 'coach' handle is like you giving yourself the "Logic" handle.

Anybody can totally say anything.  :lol:

Rodgers was very unhappy about him not being renewed and felt he should be involved in decision.

17 minutes ago, WideNine said:

....and then went on as a paid coach for the: Buffalo Bills, Tampa Bay, Green Bay, and now Cincinnati. Ohhhh...you got me there.

"Other former quarterbacks or quarterbacks coaches who are active head coaches are Freddie Kitchens, Matt Nagy, Frank Reich, Kyle Shanahan, Bruce Arians, Jay Gruden, Adam Gase and Kliff Kingsbury."

so I am kind of done with your nonsense.

Who's nonsense?  -Your nonsense?

All I wanted was a coach who's actually coached somewhere before.   -Someone with a point of reference besides their own terrible career.

1 hour ago, Logic said:

It's funny. Allen seemed to improve greatly under Palmer between the Senior Bowl and training camp with the Bills.

At this point I think he's just specifically ignoring this.

18 minutes ago, #34fan said:

Who's nonsense?  -Your nonsense?

All I wanted was a coach who's actually coached somewhere before.   -Someone with a point of reference besides their own terrible career.

How many former QB coaches are there that now work outside the system in the offseason?

• Like (+1) 1