Led Zeppelin - How Many More Times

TSNBDSC

9 hours ago, Gugny said:

Happy Birthday, Jimmy Page!!!!

The version of "I Can't Quit You Babe," on Coda was recorded on January 9th (I don't remember the year).  Blistering solos; great version.

16 minutes ago, Mark80 said:

Cool video.  I have a feeling these guys might become famous.

they are terrible, Plant can't sing, Page should never have left The Yardbirds, I can name at least a dozen other bands in this "heavy genre" nonsense that wipe the floor with The Led Zeppelin ---- so declared every rock critics on the release of LZ I

13 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

It's absolutely fascinating how Jimmy Page has slowly turned into an aging Oriental man with the passage of time!

I'm not sure biologists fully understand the processes involved.

Jimmy-Page-2018.jpg

he kept his hearing and was able to mix the amazing recent releases.

5 hours ago, Seasons1992 said:

Beat me to it, 75 years young. 

I have this on my left arm, in black:

image.png.f7b0580de8e1839e1b243e6570e14db5.png

I and my buddies were little kids in the late 1970s when Led Zeppelin ruled the world.

We were only like 9 years old, but we know of them and liked their music.  I remember joining a record club where your first 10 albums or something cost like 1 penny; then you got a new album each month that you could keep or not buy or something.  One of the initial albums I got was "ZOSO" or Zeppelin IV!  Had it on vinyl man....later destroyed in a flood in my mother's basement!  

Anyway, my buddies and I referred to your tattoo or their 4th album as "ZOFO" as we thought the 3rd letter was an "F" and not an "S".

True Story! 

LOL.

3 minutes ago, row_33 said:

he kept his hearing and was able to mix the amazing recent releases.

I kid Jimmy b/c I love Jimmy.  I am the biggest Zeppelin fan you'll ever meet.  I listen to their music daily and started playing the guitar solely so I could learn Zeppelin music, which is not easy to play.

The first real riff I mastered was the classic from "Black Dog".  Took me nearly 1.5 years to play it correctly.

Edited by Nextmanup

9 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I and my buddies were little kids in the late 1970s when Led Zeppelin ruled the world.

We were only like 9 years old, but we know of them and liked their music.  I remember joining a record club where your first 10 albums or something cost like 1 penny; then you got a new album each month that you could keep or not buy or something.  One of the initial albums I got was "ZOSO" or Zeppelin IV!  Had it on vinyl man....later destroyed in a flood in my mother's basement!  

Anyway, my buddies and I referred to your tattoo or their 4th album as "ZOFO" as we thought the 3rd letter was an "F" and not an "S".

True Story! 

LOL.

I was in middle school (1984) when I decided to really get in to Led Zeppelin.  I remember calling my brother, who is six years older than I am and asking him where to start.  He told me to start with Led Zeppelin II, so I did.  Loved it.  Then I went to Zep I, III and kept going in order.

in hindsight, I think starting with II was really good advice.

Lastly, Page looks like David Carradine in the picture above.

Image result for David Carradine white hairJimmy-Page-2018.jpg

Edited by Gugny

2 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I was in middle school (1984) when I decided to really get in to Led Zeppelin.  I remember calling my brother, who is six years older than I am and asking him where to start.  He told me to start with Led Zeppelin II, so I did.  Loved it.  Then I went to Zep I, III and kept going in order.

in hindsight, I think starting with II was really good advice.

Lastly, Page looks like David Carradine in the picture above.

Yes he does look like Carradine!

II is probably my favorite album, then IV, then 1, then III.  Houses of the Holy has some good stuff, and after that, it gets kind of bleak kind of quickly.  Really, the first 5 albums are what built their place in history and what I think of as true Zeppelin. 

While on this topic, it's worth noting that "Rock 'N Roll", "Black Dog'" and "Stairway to Heaven" (for God's sake!) appear on a SINGLE side of the same album!  Zeppelin IV. 

Name a better album side of rock 'n roll history!  You can't.  

All 3 of those songs will be played, listened to, and celebrated as long as there are humans around listening to music.

24 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I kid Jimmy b/c I love Jimmy.  I am the biggest Zeppelin fan you'll ever meet.  I listen to their music daily and started playing the guitar solely so I could learn Zeppelin music, which is not easy to play.

You give up certain habits and rituals and if you survive you come out kind of mellow.

Rinsed-out if you are not a billionaire....

Edited by row_33

1 minute ago, Nextmanup said:

Yes he does look like Carradine!

II is probably my favorite album, then IV, then 1, then III.  Houses of the Holy has some good stuff, and after that, it gets kind of bleak kind of quickly.  Really, the first 5 albums are what built their place in history and what I think of as true Zeppelin. 

While on this topic, it's worth noting that "Rock 'N Roll", "Black Dog'" and "Stairway to Heaven" (for God's sake!) appear on a SINGLE side of the same album!  Zeppelin IV. 

Name a better album side of rock 'n roll history!  You can't.  

All 3 of those songs will be played, listened to, and celebrated as long as there are humans around listening to music.

III is my favorite.  I loved the radical move from the sound of II.

The only studio albums I don't love are Presence and In Through the Out Door.  I like them both, but not nearly as much as the others.

Coda has some awesome stuff on it.

18 minutes ago, Gugny said:

The only studio albums I don't love are Presence and In Through the Out Door.  I like them both, but not nearly as much as the others.

III is up there for me as well.

I've heard that the break before Celebration Day was a recording that the engineer screwed up and lost, the look Page shot at him would have been scary

Edited by row_33

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

It's absolutely fascinating how Jimmy Page has slowly turned into an aging Oriental man with the passage of time!

I'm not sure biologists fully understand the processes involved.

Jimmy-Page-2018.jpg

Have you considered that perhaps his hair is still long, and it’s just tied back too tightly?  (“Mommy!  Mommy!  My pony tail’s too tight!”)

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

III is your fave, huh? Interesting choice. They began doing the whole 'Alistair Crowley' black magic sound then. It's a great album but I'd say 1 could be my fave.

The only good song on Presence is Achilles Last Stand. It's in my top 5 Zep songs. 

Coda is good because they picked the best of what was left over after Bonham died, from what I know. There wasn't much left, however. 

Just now, Seasons1992 said:

III is your fave, huh? Interesting choice. They began doing the whole 'Alistair Crowley' black magic sound then. It's a great album but I'd say 1 could be my fave.

The only good song on Presence is Achilles Last Stand. It's in my top 5 Zep songs. 

Coda is good because they picked the best of what was left over after Bonham died, from what I know. There wasn't much left, however. 

Can you elaborate on the black magic sound you brought up? 

5 minutes ago, row_33 said:

I'm always up for a good theory like this.....  :D

I could talk about Led Zeppelin all day long.  The comment intrigues me and I'm anticipating that it will take the discussion into a great direction.