happy easter

mead107

ham, sweet potatoes lots of  rabbit food for the diet. are you staying home today  ??? :D

288550[/snapback]

Korean-style marinated BBQ pork, in red leaf lettuce with rice, red pepper bean paste, marinated green onions and roasted garlic. Kimche, bean sprouts, dried anchovies, etc, etc, etc on the side.

I knew I should have taken a left at Albuquerque. 0:)

Korean-style marinated BBQ pork, in red leaf lettuce with rice, red pepper bean paste, marinated green onions and roasted garlic. Kimche, bean sprouts, dried anchovies, etc, etc, etc on the side.

I knew I should have taken a left at Albuquerque.  0:)

288578[/snapback]

You California people are freaks. :D

Hmmm...sprouts and green onions. <_<

"The January/February issue of FDA Consumer featured an article entitled "Questions Keep Sprouting About Sprouts."

Link to Food-Borne Illnesses

Sprouts have only recently emerged as a recognized source of food-borne illness. Since 1995, health officials have attributed 13 food-borne disease outbreaks worldwide to sprouts. Ten of these outbreaks occurred in the United States, resulting in illnesses in at least 956 Americans and at least one death. Four of the outbreaks were caused by E. coli bacteria, and three of those involved the most dangerous strain, E. coli O157:H7. The biggest outbreak occurred in Japan in 1996; 9,000 people were sickened and 17 died after eating radish sprouts contaminated with E. coli O157:H7. Many of the outbreaks have involved raw alfalfa sprouts or mixed sprouts containing raw alfalfa sprouts contaminated with Salmonella. In people, Salmonella can cause salmonellosis, an illness characterized by fever, stomach cramps, and diarrhea. The illness can last as long as seven days, and severe cases may require hospitalization. In some people, it can cause death. A small number of illnesses may develop into recurring joint pain and arthritis."

"State Health Officials Issue Advisory on Eating Raw Green Onions 11/18/03

At least four states are reporting hepatitis A outbreaks associated with eating raw or undercooked green onions, prompting Oklahoma State Department of Health officials to advise Oklahoma consumers to use caution when eating raw or undercooked green onions not locally grown.

Hepatitis A outbreaks associated with eating raw or undercooked fresh fruit and vegetable products have been documented previously. To minimize the risk of illness, state health officials say that when preparing foods at home that contain green onions, the onions should be cooked thoroughly. When eating out, consumers should specifically request that raw or lightly cooked green onions not be added to their food. Foods such as freshly prepared salsa and green salads often contain raw green onions.

The federal Food and Drug Administration is now investigating the source of the green onions associated with the outbreaks and how they became contaminated, so that corrective action can be taken. In at least one state, Tennessee, the source of the green onions was Mexico.

Other states reporting hepatitis A outbreaks associated with contaminated green onions are North Carolina, Georgia, and possibly Pennsylvania, although that outbreak is still under investigation. Three persons have died and more than 400 persons have become ill from hepatitis A linked to eating at a restaurant in western Pennsylvania."

Hmmm...sprouts and green onions. <_<

Yes, food is dangerous. Don't eat food and you'll be safe. Avoid beef, pork, poultry, fish, shellfish, eggs, dairy products and any raw vegetables. Don't smoke tobacco, or drink anything except water that's been boiled. I probably left off a few things, but this is a good start. You'll live forever. Next lesson: How to type through your bubblewrap suit. :doh:

Yes, food is dangerous. Don't eat food and you'll be safe. Avoid beef, pork, poultry, fish, shellfish, eggs, dairy products and any raw vegetables. Don't smoke tobacco, or drink anything except water that's been boiled. I probably left off a few things, but this is a good start. You'll live forever.  Next lesson: How to type through your bubblewrap suit. <_<

288619[/snapback]

See what happens when you have concern for your fellow man? :doh:

Happy Easter everyone ... for you soccer fans out there, there is a HUGE game today on ESPN at 1pm. US vs. Mexico in a World Cup Qualifier taking place in Mexico City. You think playing the Raiders in Oakland is crazy, wait to you see what goes on there.

Burritos from Mighty Taco.  <_<

Bought a couple bottles of French Wine ( Chardonnay and Merlot ).

288551[/snapback]

You have something against the Napa Valley?

We'll have leg of lamb and ham plus all of the extras. A nice California zinfendel to round out the meal.

You have something against the Napa Valley?

288675[/snapback]

Yes, I like good wine. :doh:

Of course not. I actually prefer domestics. My In-Laws have been to Paris a few times and like French Wine. Just being nice to those who feed me. <_<

On to dinner !