TBD Secret Language re. Buffalo Bills

22 minutes ago, Mark80 said:

Apparently you geniuses don't know what "pronounced as a word means."  Brilliant.  Look up the definition of "initialism" and then come back to me and tell me how wrong I am again.

Trying to come up with an acronym (or initialism) for DOUCHE.  You’re a smart guy...help me. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Trying to come up with an acronym (or initialism) for DOUCHE.  You’re a smart guy...help me. 

Here, let me help you out:

14 minutes ago, Zerovotlz said:

He reminds me of Tebow at this point.  Great athlete.  Good runner.  Charismatic. Not accurate.  

• Haha (+1) 1

16 hours ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Idk if your wrong but these are acronyms lol. They're probably synonymous with your initalisms.. but to the larger point WHO CARES

I'm not wrong and they are not.

15 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

Call me a douche, call me a grammar Nazi, call me annoying, just don't call me wrong on something I'm 100% positive I'm right on.  If you did, that would be an acronym since it would be pronounced "douche" not "D" "O" 'U" "C" "H" "E".  Peace.

Edited by Mark80

19 hours ago, Mark80 said:

Apparently you geniuses don't know what "pronounced as a word means."  Brilliant.  Look up the definition of "initialism" and then come back to me and tell me how wrong I am again.

pronounced as a word is completely subjective and a different argument from how you started this saying:

"Acronyms make a word (like NASA), initialisms just use the initials and don't make any word out of it.  Just sayin'. "

For sake of discourse, pronounced as a word does not make it a word. And choice of what acronym is pronounced as a word or not is again very subjective.

EX: why is NASA a word and CIA is not?? You could pronounce it "see-ah" then it is a word? but if you say  C  I  A  as is normal by users then it is an initialism? And who says pronouncing it as "see-ah" makes it a word? And clearly NASA pronounced like a word NA-SA is not a word. Same with CIA and others.

Maybe this friendly discussion of this loses context as we are printing instead of talking the words etc etc…..

not to open up a new "can of worms" or "COW" for those keeping track at home.(which actually fits the definition of an acronym as it actually is a word if pronounced like a word) but dictionary says NASA is a noun and is an abbreviation.

I guess if you would have just said "Acronyms are initialisms pronounced like a word and initialisms are a grouped set of first letters of an abbreviation where you call out each letter when pronouncing" we would have never started down this weird road. 

I apologize in advance for all this rhetoric. I, and others, should have caught what you meant from the start. We whiffed. But this is interesting. I learned a few things today. Thanks.