Voting Rights

Thurmal34

21 hours ago, BeginnersMind said:

Touche. But we agree on honkey dominated. 

This is the kind of consensus we need in Politics. 

White's make up roughly 63% of the US population, and males make up the overwhelming majority of fans of the NFL.

What do you expect?

Also, why does it matter? 

7 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

White's make up roughly 63% of the US population, and males make up the overwhelming majority of fans of the NFL.

What do you expect?

Also, why does it matter? 

It doesn’t. Someone asked and I said that I didn’t know the racial political etc makeup of NFL fans but felt safe guessing that it was mostly men. 

Edited by BeginnersMind

2 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

It doesn’t. Someone asked and I said that I didn’t know the racial political etc makeup of NFL fans but felt safe guessing that it was mostly men. 

And you'd be right, but then you got into the idea of consensus, then took it a step further, assigning an implied belief structure to that group, and spoke to it pejoratively.

I'm not going to let you run from this.

Let's talk about precisely what you were getting at here.

21 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

And you'd be right, but then you got into the idea of consensus, then took it a step further, assigning an implied belief structure to that group, and spoke to it pejoratively.

I'm not going to let you run from this.

Let's talk about precisely what you were getting at here.

I poked fun at the mostly white guys that post here playing the popular cowboy video game on a Friday night. The board melted down because my remark was so pejorative and painful. 

If you want to ascribe that I hate white folks like some people here want to, please lay out your evidence. Unless you think the video game jibe was hate speech. If you do, we won't make much progress.

Edited by BeginnersMind

2 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

I poked fun at the mostly white guys that post here playing the popular cowboy video game on a Friday night. The board melted down because my remark was so pejorative and painful. 

No, no...

That's a lie.

Here, I'll help you:

"This is the kind of consensus we need in politics."

Speak to that.

53 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

No, no...

That's a lie.

Here, I'll help you:

"This is the kind of consensus we need in politics."

Speak to that.

I said the board was mostly white and right-leaning. Someone said something like that the board was white and common sense. 

I noted that we both agreed the board was mostly white and praised our ability to find common ground in spite of our disagreement over the difference of "right-leaning" vs "common sense."

Isn't this a spectacular discussion?

Are you one of those who are eager to find the source of the people who fund my posts here? Even my overlords are bored by this. But I am getting rich by it. 

Edited by BeginnersMind

6 hours ago, Thurmal34 said:

31 cases of voter fraud in 16 years since 2000 have been cited. If I’m missing any, plz feel free to add. 

Huge threat. Lets send troops!

So there's a minimum acceptable amount of tampering allowed before "the sanctity of the vote" is violated?

How much tampering is the limit?  Does that include Republican gerrymandering?

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Thurmal34 said:

Adding voters is clearly the goal for anyone that supports a healthy republic.

and yet ?

Explain the merits of votes being cast by individuals whom are uneducated, uninformed, generally disinterested, and in some cases who have no stake in the size or scope of government?

On 11/18/2018 at 3:11 AM, unbillievable said:

Eliminate all government taxes.

Every government program must be put on the ballot.

Charge $1 per vote. Unlimited amount of votes. Open to any person in the world via internet transaction.

Money generated will fund that specific program only.

An election where Paris Hilton could vote a million times.

Joke or stupid?

44 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Explain the merits of votes being cast by individuals whom are uneducated, uninformed, generally disinterested, and in some cases who have no stake in the size or scope of government?

Every American has the right to vote. Are you seriously saying there should be a qualification test?

7 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Russia posted Facebook ads. Huge threat. Let's spend two years and millions of dollars investigating it. 

Goalposts moved.

Try not to change the subject!