Name something someone did at a store once to make you never return

Another Fan

There was this decent little Italian restaurant near where I worked a few years ago that we frequented for lunch.  Until one day we're sitting at a table with a direct line of sight into the kitchen and we saw the cook stick his hand into a pot of pasta to pull something out.  Don't know what he pulled out of that pot.  Don't care.  Don't want to know.  Haven't been back since

On 10/31/2018 at 1:18 PM, dpberr said:

Those large Chinese buffets.  I'm convinced every case of flu and stomach flu in the United States begins in these restaurants.  ?

I went to one with some coworkers awhile back.  It wasn't that great and a couple of the guys were a little queasy afterwards.  But somebody must have liked it because he wanted to go back.  Eventually he convinced the rest of us to give it another try.

When we got there, it was all locked up with a notice from the Health Department posted on the door.

It eventually opened back up, and that one guy wanted to go back.  It wasn't a popular choice but one day we were like ok, let's do this.  When we get there, it's locked up again with another notice from the Health Department

17 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

I went to one with some coworkers awhile back.  It wasn't that great and a couple of the guys were a little queasy afterwards.  But somebody must have liked it because he wanted to go back.  Eventually he convinced the rest of us to give it another try.

When we got there, it was all locked up with a notice from the Health Department posted on the door.

It eventually opened back up, and that one guy wanted to go back.  It wasn't a popular choice but one day we were like ok, let's do this.  When we get there, it's locked up again with another notice from the Health Department

Can't you see that Mr. Chinese Buffet Guy gets transferred to the Stamford branch before the next time he suggests lunch is on him?

Went to a bar in Newport RI after work one day when I was 19, bartender cards me and gives me a beer.

Ten minuets later the manager cards me again, doesn’t like my ID (CT had a dumb system where they marked your license as a minor — but then you have a birthday and aren’t a minor anymore), took the beer and gave me my money back.

So I got half a beer for free, but was still pissed.  But not that pissed, I went back there in later years.

Nearly three years ago, just as my son was showing enough interest in guitar for me to consider buying him one, we went to a music store in Queensbury called North Country Guitar.

A very brief history of my personal experiences with this store prior to the much more recent moment(s) I'm about to describe:  as a young, naive musician in the mid 80s, this store took horrible advantage of my parents and me.  We had no idea how much stuff should cost.  What was really good quality vs. crap.  And I spent a lot of money there and traded in quality only to get crap in return.  I just didn't know it until I got older.  But I figured now that I had the knowledge, experience and the tools (Internet), they wouldn't be able to do that do me anymore.

Back to a few years ago:  My son and I walked in and told the guy we were thinking about getting a guitar, but just looking around and trying some out at this point.  My son's a lefty.  Slim pickins most anywhere you go; especially for something used.  Most stores only stock lefty Les Pauls and Strats; neither of which was I going to buy for a kid who's hardly ever played.

Sales guy shows us a couple lefties that he has.  My son asked if he could try one.  I don't remember what it was, but it wasn't a great guitar and I'd never consider buying it.  So he sets my son up (finding an amp to plug into, getting him a stool, etc.) and my son starts to play around with it.  My main goal was to see if it "felt right," to him.  Up to this point, he'd been playing my right-handed guitars upside down.  This was the first left-handed guitar he'd held. 

So we're about 5 minutes in.  I don't know if he overheard me (I told my son we weren't going to buy that guitar - but not with attitude, or anything.  Just a matter of fact), or what ... the dude comes over, turns off the amp; takes the guitar out of my son's hand and says, "I'll take THAT ...," and then takes the pick from him, "and I'll take THAT."

This happened in seconds.  I was in disbelief and didn't even know what to say.  So I just said, "come on, buddy, let's go," and we left.  The more I thought about it, the more pissed I got.  So I wrote a scathing review on their Facebook page.

Fast forward about a year, maybe a little less:  My ex brings our son to the same guitar store (North Country Guitar in Queensbury, NY).  He just wanted to see if they had a certain pedal that he was looking at.  He went in; they did.  He asked if he could try it.  The guy says, "no, you can't try it because your father had to go and write a bad review about us."  So my son defended my actions and told the guy that he'd never step foot in that store again.

And we haven't.  And we won't.  I won't even get a pick in there, let alone spend any kind of significant money.  And it's too bad for them, because over the past few years, we've spent thousands on guitars, amps and other gear.  There are other music stores who don't prey on the naive like North Country Guitar in Queensbury, NY does.  They're Class A Scumbags.

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/1/2018 at 7:12 AM, seregil42 said:

That's....messed up.

Messed up they didn't walk out of the restaurant without paying two hours earlier.

The barber discussion above reminded me of the girl who used to cut my hair in CT.  She did an ok, not great job and the price was reasonable.  But the wait even with an appointment was always long.  One day I went for my appointment (really needing the cut and having a tight schedule) and the guy with the appointment in front of me was still waiting.  That was the last straw;  I left and never went back.

Edited by KD in CA

I couldn't understand the mumbling cashier--after a couple 'pardon me' on my side she screamed at me. I walked out.

It was Five Guy's Burgers, Glen Burnie MD--they hate customers.

Come to think of it, all the stores in Glen Burnie hate customers. That entitled millennial customer hate is spreading like a cancer to a store near you.