Bills are not that bad.

Kevin1778

You are what your record says you are. I don't like that coach, but it's true.

I wouldn't ever call a 2-6 team not bad. They're bad. 

Toe to toe for 3 quarters? Well when they cut the games down to 3 quarters, maybe you'll have a point.

Defense is good, unfortunately this is about 20-30 years too late to build that way. So they're bad. 

1 hour ago, downunderbill said:

Love the optimism, and I honestly believe with the resources available to build the offense next year we will be back in the thick of the playoff hunt again, but the offence does suck this year. There's no hiding that.

Same old same old since 2000

The franchise is perpetually fifth rate, has had 6 great Kelly years, with a stacked team in a grossly weak conference, and maybe 6 total good seasons in addition since 1973

No point in whim wishing for playoff dominance coming any time soon, just be a fan and don’t take it seriously

21 hours ago, Kevin1778 said:

In 2 of last 3 games the Bills led the Texans on the road with minutes to play and they went toe to toe with the Patriots for 3 quarters. Those teams have combined to win 10 straight games and are the #2 and #4 seeds in the AFC. The Bills were right there with both of them. This offense also moved the ball yesterday and moved the ball with Peterman against the Texans. 

Bad teams don't almost beat teams like the Texans and hang with the Patriots. The offense is a problem, but when you have a new offensive coordinator and you lose two Pro Bowl caliber offensive lineman it takes time to get an offense going. 

There are 5 home games left and the Jets and Dolphins on the road aren't exactly world beaters. Expect the Bills offense to improve each game with Peterman, who should finally get a few starts in a row before the bye. There are a bunch of wins left on this schedule. 

We could finish with a top 3 pick in the draft and the geniuses here will say we are not that bad.

You have to WIN THE FREAKING GAME CHIEF! Are we really at the point of giving these guys credit for moral victories?

5 hours ago, ganesh said:

I wouldn't call outstanding defense.  They have given up big plays on 3rd downs with their bend-but-don't-break defense. They also missed out on finishing plays.

Well they held NE to basically 16 points.

That is almost unheard of. 

Especially when the offence goes 3 and out every time and gives the ball right back to Brady.