Player Acquisitons related to Dead Cap $

AtlBills

The Bills currently have over $6.7 m in dead cap space for players that the front office wanted to bring in and have an impact for the season: Coleman, AJM, Kerley and Newhouse. Are you telling me that Jeremy Kerley is not better than any wideout currently on the roster. Plus we are currently only $10.1M under the cap, so KB with a dead cap hit of $8.5M is not going anywhere. Glad we have purged the dead weight but I clearly have to question the cuts mentioned. Anyone have any thoughts? Don't follow the "Process" on these moves.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, AtlBills said:

The Bills currently have over $6.7 m in dead cap space for players that the front office wanted to bring in and have an impact for the season: Coleman, AJM, Kerley and Newhouse. Are you telling me that Jeremy Kerley is not better than any wideout currently on the roster. Plus we are currently only $10.1M under the cap, so KB with a dead cap hit of $8.5M is not going anywhere. Glad we have purged the dead weight but I clearly have to question the cuts mentioned. Anyone have any thoughts? Don't follow the "Process" on these moves.

People don't take the time to review Sportac for Salary Cap Status as they either don't know where to look, are to lazy to put in the effort or simply want to rant to get their frustrations out.

Fans like you and I should be a blessing to the uninformed, pathetically lazy or hopelessly drunk and pathetic who are just waiting for another burning table to jump thru at the next home game.

But, alas, quality takes with well thought out ideas are to most members on this board as a college education is to being a high school dropout.

We will keep posting to the ignorant and pathetic and hope that something sticks.

Doubtful, but there is always hope.

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, RPbillsfan said:

People don't take the time to review Sportac for Salary Cap Status as they either don't know where to look, are to lazy to put in the effort or simply want to rant to get their frustrations out.

Fans like you and I should be a blessing to the uninformed, pathetically lazy or hopelessly drunk and pathetic who are just waiting for another burning table to jump thru at the next home game.

But, alas, quality takes with well thought out ideas are to most members on this board as a college education is to being a high school dropout.

We will keep posting to the ignorant and pathetic and hope that something sticks.

Wow. Hope you are being sarcastic.

• Thank you (+1) 3

1 hour ago, AtlBills said:

Newhouse should of never been brought to Buffalo in the 1st place.

Paying him 676k to leave was a good move.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, joesixpack said:

He had a quote saying that the offseason was HIS time to be the face of the franchise, and the season McDermott's.

So it's McDermott's baby to protect when the bullets are flying....what a guy. 

1 minute ago, joesixpack said:

He had a quote saying that the offseason was HIS time to be the face of the franchise, and the season McDermott's.

He repeated it in his last preseason interview on WGR.  He's going on radio silence until after the season

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, GG said:

He repeated it in his last preseason interview on WGR.  He's going on radio silence until after the season

I rarely listen to WGR except during the regular season, so I thank you for that. Doesn't change my opinion of him though regarding his dead cap space additions.

11 hours ago, AtlBills said:

11 hours ago, RPbillsfan said:

Holy crap guys. If you are going to call out posters for not properly interpreting the salary cap and being lazy...……..get your facts right.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/cap/

KB contract is on the books now and if he is traded it all goes away except what he has earned prior to his trade. So Bills 2018 capspace would actually rise by about approx. $5.47 million if traded this week.(goes down about $497,588 every week he is not traded.(NFL pays 17 weeks now) No dead cap with trade.

If they cut him the 2018 salary cap available for Bills in 2018 does not change at all as it has already been accounted for in the projection for 2018. and also no dead cap for 2019 from KB as 2018 is last year of his deal. No accelerated bonus etc etc.....coming due immediately which is the big problem with cutting and/or trading/retiring guys mid contact like with Dareus Taylor Wood etc etc......

Edited by cba fan