Hurricane Michael

T&C

7 minutes ago, gatorbait said:

You’re completely ignorant and wrong like usual. 150+ mph winds would destroy your farm/trailer and ruin your livelihood. 

Thanks.

Was this response worth your time?  Congratulations, get a hobby or click on another url and get some lotion.

Edited by Boyst62

13 minutes ago, gatorbait said:

Says the guy who lives a hundred miles inland. Live on the coast and sit through a 4 or 5 and I bet you’ll change your mind. 

I could hear and/or see boats for almost 30 years in the southeast (SC and FL). If it’s a Cat 4-5 I’m getting out of dodge! Less than that, I probably sit it out, but it can get very unpleasant. Unfortunately, the media makes a big deal out of the small stuff, and people loss sight of the reality of these storms. 

Just now, Augie said:

I could hear and/or see boats for almost 30 years in the southeast (SC and FL). If it’s a Cat 4-5 I’m getting out of dodge! Less than that, I probably sit it out, but it can get very unpleasant. Unfortunately, the media makes a big deal out of the small stuff, and people loss sight of the reality of these storms. 

Forgive Gatorbait. He is a troll that has nothing to offer. You'll waste your time. 

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

I’ve lived on the eastern coast of Florida my whole life. You are 100% accurate about anything over a 3.

1 minute ago, Boyst62 said:

Forgive Gatorbait. He is a troll that has nothing to offer. You'll waste your time. 

Well, if you get stomped on one time, you can change your views on things. I know I got lucky more than once. Charley was small, but strong enough to do some serious damage. Another 40 miles north and I might feel differently.  It’s a crap shoot, but we usually played the odds. 

4 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

6 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

Thanks.

Was this response worth your time?  Congratulations, get a hobby or click on another url and get some lotion.

Calling out your ignorance is one of my hobbies.

34 minutes ago, T&C said:

A thread about a hurricane has turned into a **** fest... nice. I've looked around here for years and "I understand".

I’m sorry, but I’m politely asking what you’re talking about? What does this mean

1 hour ago, /dev/null said:

I hope this one doesn't make a "Crazy Ivan"

at200409.gif&f=1

Florida Pan handle, up the eastern seaboard, back out to sea over virginia, loop back around, hits southern florida, back out to sea, for Texas/Louisiana

"Q"????

Everyone locally was losing their collective minds at the grocery store, wife went there yesterday for cold cuts for lunches and the place was an asylum.   people fighting over water.....you think they would know the freaking drill by now, it's not like this is the first one.   you do hurricane  prep in May...not October.    Googans.

42 minutes ago, Soda Popinski said:

Everyone locally was losing their collective minds at the grocery store, wife went there yesterday for cold cuts for lunches and the place was an asylum.   people fighting over water.....you think they would know the freaking drill by now, it's not like this is the first one.   you do hurricane  prep in May...not October.    Googans.

Welcome to hysteria driven by the media.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

Welcome to hysteria driven by the media.

it's like that every single time, we're not even in the path of this storm, i'm in the central part of FL not the panhandle.   But again, all these people losing their minds....you KNEW it was hurricane season, you KNEW you needed a few bottles of water and some canned goods back in May.   And yet they continue to put things off til the last minute.  Meanwhile I'm over here, canned goods, check, water, check, 3 full propane tanks...check.   

26 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

Overkill?

I only bought 2.   One was a gift from Ace Hardware for some terrible customer service, and one was from a grill i purchased on craigslist about 6 months ago.    So I actually had 4 but one of them was older than 10 years old so I just gave it back when I went to fill the other ones up.  

I originally had 2 one for the turkey fryer and one for the grill and really that was more than I ever have needed.  but it's nice to have 3 :D 

10 minutes ago, Soda Popinski said:

I only bought 2.   One was a gift from Ace Hardware for some terrible customer service, and one was from a grill i purchased on craigslist about 6 months ago.    So I actually had 4 but one of them was older than 10 years old so I just gave it back when I went to fill the other ones up.  

I originally had 2 one for the turkey fryer and one for the grill and really that was more than I ever have needed.  but it's nice to have 3 :D 

Time for a block party after Mike fizzles out.

• Thank you (+1) 1