Syracuse Basketball 2023-24

Buffalo716

4 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Great win! Pitt and Syracuse look like pretty similar teams. I think we finally

Figured out how to put teams away in the second half. That was really the difference.

continue to love Copeland! He definitely has his moments where he plays too out of control, but I think we live with that.  

I was impressed with his defense this game too! Benny probably had his best game at cuse too. 

8 minutes ago, Bray Wyatt said:

I was impressed with his defense this game too! Benny probably had his best game at cuse too. 

agreed re Benny. Loved his energy and hustle. As bunch as Pitt was dominating early too on the boards, Benny and Maliq came in in that second half and we ended up coming out ahead rebounding. 

i still wish though Benny wouldn’t shoot that weird flat shot. Get a little more arc to it! 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Tierlifer said:

So far the post Boeheim era has been very refreshing to watch. I find myself much more interested and more compelled to watch even if this isn’t a tournament team. 

I agree. That said, college bball is definitely weird to follow generally these days. it’s basically like watching AAU games now.  I miss the days when you can see a group of guys develop for 4 years. 

9 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I agree. That said, college bball is definitely weird to follow generally these days. it’s basically like watching AAU games now.  I miss the days when you can see a group of guys develop for 4 years. 

This team and the next few years will have a bunch of 3-4 year players 

20 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I hope you are right. The worry is that a guy isn’t getting the immediate PT he wants and is gone. 

Quadir didn't get any burn last year... Malik had to wait his turn... Benny has ridden out 3 turbulent years 

Peter Carey .. is he even alive ? Lol

Sometimes loyalty is a huge factor ... Recruit loyal kids ... Who knows that sometimes it takes time 

• Like (+1) 2

It has been really cool watching these guys grow and gel this year.  They are getting better and not playing afraid. I think they are going to make the tourney this year and will be super fun to watch. Their defense has been lights out in my opinion for a first year playing man-to-man.

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Good start.. rough second half....

But I still see the potential 

Bell had a really bad game, can't have that and expect to compete with top teams.

Brown was really good, thought Judah was good enough. 

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Good start.. rough second half....

But I still see the potential 

10 minutes ago, Bray Wyatt said:

Bell had a really bad game, can't have that and expect to compete with top teams.

Brown was really good, thought Judah was good enough. 

Lost in the shuffle is how great Brown was tonight. 

we need someone to make outside shots. I don’t think that we can count on Taylor or Bell doing that. It’s gotta be starling, mintz, and Copeland making open looks.

That said, Duke’s 3-point shooting in the second half was an aberration. They just got absurdly hot. Not sure how you stop that.  

Just now, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Lost in the shuffle is how great Brown was tonight. 

we need someone to make outside shots. I don’t think that we can count on Taylor or Bell doing that. It’s gotta be starling, mintz, and Copeland making open looks.

That said, Duke’s 3-point shooting in the second half was an aberration. They just got absurdly hot. Not sure how you stop that.  

Yeah they did get really hot, just kinda tip your cap to them.

I think Cuffe should get more minutes especially when bell plays like he did.

• Agree 1

Great win against BC. Loved the unique early rotations, with Qadir and Brown in the starting lineup. Second half got a little ragged, but they gutted it out.

if I had a complaint, it’s that Red needs a faster hook with Taylor. When he is just chucking them up and missing badly, he can’t go on and on shooting like that. 

if this team could make open outside shots with consistency, they could have really put BC away.

14 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Great win against BC. Loved the unique early rotations, with Qadir and Brown in the starting lineup. Second half got a little ragged, but they gutted it out.

if I had a complaint, it’s that Red needs a faster hook with Taylor. When he is just chucking them up and missing badly, he can’t go on and on shooting like that. 

if this team could make open outside shots with consistency, they could have really put BC away.

Agreed... JT has talent... But he plays like a superstar that isn't there yet

He's always putting up tough shots off the dribble

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Agreed... JT has talent... But he plays like a superstar that isn't there yet

He's always putting up tough shots off the dribble

Agreed.

the JT spot (I guess it’s the 4) is a real problem for us when JT isn’t scoring and Benny is ineffective. It would be great to play Maliq at the 4, but he is really doing wonders at the 5. 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Agreed.

the JT spot (I guess it’s the 4) is a real problem for us when JT isn’t scoring and Benny is ineffective. It would be great to play Maliq at the 4, but he is really doing wonders at the 5. 

Maliq is legit my favorite player on the team

Just gritty.. rebounds.. blocks shots... Dunks everything

If we could get a real center next to him to let him play the four... We'd be dangerous.. hopefully next year William Patterson is ready to play

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I was out of town and missed the UNC game. But they looked good against Pitt tonight. Best shooting effort of the year. 

They showed more maturity it seemed, took care of the basketball for the most part and played solid d

• Agree 1