Syracuse Basketball 2023-24

Buffalo716

4 minutes ago, Bray Wyatt said:

I was impressed with Autry, made great 2nd half adjustments, kept the players engaged and believing. Bell was clutch and brown at the end sealed it. It does seem the team follows Judah too

Judah is him ... He's the best guard we've had in a couple years now 

And we have some very good defensive guys if we want to go that way in a rotation...

Quadir Copeland and maliq have some tenacious D when they let them loose

9 hours ago, nemhoff said:

These guys seem to be playing with more of a “not afraid of getting pulled” attitude…especially Bell.

We have got to figure out the D and rebounding early in games

The poor rebounding against Colgate was alarming. They should be much better on the defensive glass now that they are playing man. I don’t quite get it.

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

The poor rebounding against Colgate was alarming. They should be much better on the defensive glass now that they are playing man. I don’t quite get it.

Probably because guys like bell don't believe in rebounding lol

He's had a couple of games where he's got some decent boards... But for a 6'8 player he admittedly even said he was never asked to rebound in high school

Also it doesn't help when you're 7 ft 3 center can't grab bound off the glass

Just now, Buffalo716 said:

Probably because guys like bell don't believe in rebounding lol

He's had a couple of games where he's got some decent boards... But for a 6'8 player he admittedly even said he was never asked to rebound in high school

Also it doesn't help when you're 7 ft 3 center can't grab bound off the glass

haha. I can relate to Bell. I play a lot of rec ball, and I am there to basically drain buckets, not get an elbow to the face. 

but to your last point, I was puzzled at how Naheem got worked by these 6’8” power forward at Colgate. I assumed too he would be a major upgrade on the boards from Edwards— obviously very wrong about that. 

9 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

haha. I can relate to Bell. I play a lot of rec ball, and I am there to basically drain buckets, not get an elbow to the face. 

but to your last point, I was puzzled at how Naheem got worked by these 6’8” power forward at Colgate. I assumed too he would be a major upgrade on the boards from Edwards— obviously very wrong about that. 

Yea he's lost rebounding rn... It's about positioning and want 

Maliq has it in spades hence why he will be playing major minutes at the 5

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

Ughhh just so inconsistent 

They get it close (just like last game) and then throw up all over themselves. Also Bell and Taylor go cold from outside hurts our entire offense. Hard for JJ and Judah to drive with no threat from outside

• Agree 1