Chevy Chase: Bitter Old Man Syndrome

\GoBillsInDallas/

7 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

I've never been a Saturday Night Live fan. I remember seeing a few classic clips from some of the episodes, and they were funny. The skit of Star Trek: The Last Voyage of the Enterprise, Dan Aykroyd playing Julia Child in The French Chef skit. Hilarious stuff.

As far as Chaevy Chase goes, I thought he was alright as a comedy actor. Everyone loves the "Vacation" movies, but for me I prefer "Foul Play", and "Seems Like Old Times" is an overlooked movie he was in with Goldie Hawn & Charles Grodin.

Those are both pretty good, especially Foul Play. It's been awhile since I saw it, but I remember it mostly for Goldie Hawn being molten hot. I will admit they did have good chemistry together.

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Rico said:

Those are both pretty good, especially Foul Play. It's been awhile since I saw it, but I remember it mostly for Goldie Hawn being molten hot. I will admit they did have good chemistry together.

Yes, Goldie Hawn is the main character in the movie. Chevy Chase is more of the straight man character and doesn't have a lot of comedy moments. Dudley Moore has a couple of very funny scenes in it, and Burgess Meredith absolutely steals the show with a few unforgettable moments.

Chase I found to be far more funny in "Seems Like Old Times". He and Hawn had great chemistry.