Congratulations to Cheektowaga's Liz Johnson....

My old man coached the Orchard Park womens Bowling team when Liz was in HS and he remembers her well. My dad actually had a bowler that was as good as her, but instead of pursing it felt it wasn't 'cool' enough and gave it up.

My old man coached the Orchard Park womens Bowling team when Liz was in HS and he remembers her well. My dad actually had a bowler that was as good as her, but instead of pursing it felt it wasn't 'cool' enough and gave it up.

281920[/snapback]

I can't think of anything cooler than making $50K+ a year bowling. In fact, I'd love to do that.

SPORT???..lol--It is a great SKILL..like golf is--but I dont consider it a sport.Remember a guy from Buffalo named Rick Musialowski?? Best bowler I've ever seen w/ the possible exception of the very top guys like walter ray williams,dick and pete weber,etc.This guy weighed about 300+ lbs--kinda lumbered instead of walked..and I am sure that the only reason he didnt go on the PBA tour was probbly the difficulty his weight presented in travelling.

POOL,GOLF,BOWLING--same category-- skills requiring coordination...but not sports..

281716[/snapback]

Have you seen any of the championship darts programming on Fox Sports Net? The guys are awesome, but the commentators and PA announcers are a bit too excited.

I would like to congratulate her as well. Turns out she single handedly raised the Earth's temperature by 1 degree by using more AquaNet hairspray than any other woman outside of Cheektowaga.

Congrats, Liz! This Bud's for you.

282154[/snapback]

I think we should start calling her Ozone Lizzy.

I can't think of anything cooler than making $50K+ a year bowling. In fact, I'd love to do that.

281925[/snapback]

You mean after expenses. That's among the reasons why the women's tour folded....bowler expenses, few sponsors, concentrated talent, and low prize purses. It was great for those women bowler who had financial backing and could cash each week, but those who didn't, found it impossible to make a living out of it. It's different on the men's tour

You are talkin' about Rick Sr.....I was talkin' about his son. Rick Jr is a doctor now

282892[/snapback]

You mean he chose a career as a physician over the possible glory and chicks he could've had from being a pro bowler?? You can only shake your head...

You mean after expenses. That's among the reasons why the women's tour folded....bowler expenses, few sponsors, concentrated talent, and low prize purses. It was great for those women bowler who had financial backing and could cash each week, but those who didn't, found it impossible to make a living out of it. It's different on the men's tour

282894[/snapback]

Yeah--one of the best female bowlers---yet she makes 50k minus 20k a year expenses=30k....she should have pursued her goal of being manager at McDonalds

I would like to congratulate her as well. Turns out she single handedly raised the Earth's temperature by 1 degree by using more AquaNet hairspray than any other woman outside of Cheektowaga.

Congrats, Liz! This Bud's for you.

282154[/snapback]

LMFAO