Congratulations to Cheektowaga's Liz Johnson....

Going from Pre-Tournament Qualification at the Banquet Open in Grand Rapids, MI to becoming the FIRST woman to make a Televised PBA final.

However, in classic Buffalo fashion, Ms. Johnson comes up short, losing to the probable player of the year in Tommy Jones, 219-191.

Agonizing, was really rooting for her.

Going from Pre-Tournament Qualification at the Banquet Open in Grand Rapids, MI to becoming the FIRST woman to make a Televised PBA final.

However, in classic Buffalo fashion, Ms. Johnson comes up short, losing to the probable player of the year in Tommy Jones, 219-191.

Agonizing, was really rooting for her.

281362[/snapback]

Did you see some of the scores she was shooting???? amazing.But the important thing is does she have a nice arse.

She won $500,000 in 8 years on the now defunct Womens tour. Yesterday she pocketed 20 grand. That's some serious cash for Bowling.  :doh:

281616[/snapback]

People here dog the sport, but it IS growing in popularity. And it's actually fun to watch on TV. I used to love bowling for dollars when I was a kid.

Did I mention it's a sport that's been dominated as of late by Western New Yorkers?

People here dog the sport, but it IS growing in popularity. And it's actually fun to watch on TV. I used to love bowling for dollars when I was a kid.

Did I mention it's a sport that's been dominated as of late by Western New Yorkers?

281700[/snapback]

SPORT???..lol--It is a great SKILL..like golf is--but I dont consider it a sport.Remember a guy from Buffalo named Rick Musialowski?? Best bowler I've ever seen w/ the possible exception of the very top guys like walter ray williams,dick and pete weber,etc.This guy weighed about 300+ lbs--kinda lumbered instead of walked..and I am sure that the only reason he didnt go on the PBA tour was probbly the difficulty his weight presented in travelling.

POOL,GOLF,BOWLING--same category-- skills requiring coordination...but not sports..

SPORT???..lol--It is a great SKILL..like golf is--but I dont consider it a sport.Remember a guy from Buffalo named Rick Musialowski?? Best bowler I've ever seen w/ the possible exception of the very top guys like walter ray williams,dick and pete weber,etc.This guy weighed about 300+ lbs--kinda lumbered instead of walked..and I am sure that the only reason he didnt go on the PBA tour was probbly the difficulty his weight presented in travelling.

POOL,GOLF,BOWLING--same category-- skills requiring coordination...but not sports..

281716[/snapback]

It's at LEAST as much of a sport as NASCAR and baseball.

A lot of Baltimorons do well at bowling, too, Rich.

281755[/snapback]

Which has no effect on me as I'm not from here.

Hey, I'm from Erie, and they have a PBA tour event there (Flagship Open), so I know about how big bowling is in that area.

hell NO!

She's your typical 40+ YO Cheektovegan. One too many fish frys. :doh:

281382[/snapback]

My wife and I pegged her at around 45 years old, only to have the announcers say that she was 30!!

My wife and I pegged her at around 45 years old, only to have the announcers say that she was 30!!

281761[/snapback]

she must be one of those chunky chicks who is coordinated--like those big butt girl softball players.

Rick Musialowski?? OMG.....I knew him soooooo long ago. We bowled in the Sunday Pepsi league back in the early 80s with Dave Guindon

I met Liz Johnson once at the Obenauer. She was watching a few of her friends. One day, I'll make the cut  :doh:

281765[/snapback]

lol..he was probbly over the hill by then--I remember watching him as a young kid in the 60s and 70s on TV.I wonder if the big fella is still alive.