UCF should be top 10

Orlando Tim

right now UCF should be top 10 based on winning steak and overall talent on team. And before anyone decides to blast the talent on team please watch them, they have as much offensive talent as anyone in country. Defense might be suspect in some ways but is not bad. So flame away but please watch first.

8 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

right now UCF should be top 10 based on winning steak and overall talent on team. And before anyone decides to blast the talent on team please watch them, they have as much offensive talent as anyone in country. Defense might be suspect in some ways but is not bad. So flame away but please watch first.

I understand your concern but the bolded above is just completely wrong.

Alabama is better than them at every single offensive position and I suggest that other teams are as well.

On 9/17/2018 at 6:37 AM, Bill from NYC said:

I understand your concern but the bolded above is just completely wrong.

Alabama is better than them at every single offensive position and I suggest that other teams are as well.

I must simply disagree and i have watched both. Bama has a ton of talent but if you watch UCF you will realize they are almost always the worst defensive game for their opponents. They scored more on Auburn last year than any other team last year and that was while playing a subpar first half. And milton is better than either qb on bama. 

On 9/16/2018 at 9:59 PM, Buffalo Timmy said:

who did they beat to earn top 10 status?

would they beat the Bills?

15 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

This year they have not beat anyone good but if they were to play the bills i think UCF would win 84-0. ? seriously who is dumb enough to believe any college team could beat a pro team?

you haven't been on the big board today?  good fun there... and no, i don't think college kids could play with the worst NFL team...

too bad the Tarheels game was stormed out, that would help UCF's cause, but if they keep winning they should move up to that place below the best one-loss teams

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

you haven't been on the big board today?  good fun there... and no, i don't think college kids could play with the worst NFL team...

too bad the Tarheels game was stormed out, that would help UCF's cause, but if they keep winning they should move up to that place below the best one-loss teams

I have been on big board i saw the idiocy- but UCF will not be given proper credit because of confirmation bias- normally lesser conference teams are not as good as big conference teams but UCF is the exception. As was Utah back in 2004(?) when they rhumped bama to be undefeated.

16 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I must simply disagree and i have watched both. Bama has a ton of talent but if you watch UCF you will realize they are almost always the worst defensive game for their opponents. They scored more on Auburn last year than any other team last year and that was while playing a subpar first half.

In college, there is so much roster turnover from year to year, last year is irrelevant.

16 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

And milton is better than either qb on bama. 

Troll attempt:

Effort: C+ (Going after Tua is a bold strategy Cotton, but poorly thought out.)

Execution: F (Better than Tua? Who's next on your list? Murray from OU?)

5 hours ago, Cynical said:

In college, there is so much roster turnover from year to year, last year is irrelevant.

Troll attempt:

Effort: C+ (Going after Tua is a bold strategy Cotton, but poorly thought out.)

Execution: F (Better than Tua? Who's next on your list? Murray from OU?)

First statement is mostly true but we do use last year as a basis for early season polls. As for the second statement- Tua is a really good qb and has shown it in all three games hee has started  but milton has played at an extremely high level for 16 of the past 17 games. Twice his defense did not show up and he had to score basically every drive last year against top 25 teams. If you have not watched there offense then please do not call one of the top 5 heisman canidates( per espn) a troll job.

3 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

First statement is mostly true but we do use last year as a basis for early season polls.

Like last year results, pre-season and early season polls are worthless in regards to this year.

Everything needs time to settle out.

3 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

As for the second statement- Tua is a really good qb and has shown it in all three games hee has started  but milton has played at an extremely high level for 16 of the past 17 games. Twice his defense did not show up and he had to score basically every drive last year against top 25 teams. If you have not watched there offense then please do not call one of the top 5 heisman canidates( per espn) a troll job.

Keep trolling. I find it fascinatingly amusing.

Are you trying to claim Milton is a top 5 candidate for the Heisman, per ESPN?

Per ESPN, as of 9/18/2018 (Note: Milton not even listed).

http://www.espn.com/college-football/heisman/

Name Position School Year 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th Total
Kyler Murray QB Oklahoma Jr. 4 2 4 0 0 40
Tua Tagovailoa QB Alabama Soph. 3 3 1 2 0 34
Will Grier QB West Virginia Sr. 2 3 2 1 0 30
Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State Soph. 0 1 2 5 0 20
Ed Oliver DT Houston Jr. 1 1 0 2 2 15
Justin Herbert QB Oregon Jr. 0 0 3 0 0 3
Jonathan Taylor RB Wisconsin Soph. 0 0 0 0 3 3
Trace MCSorley QB Penn State Sr. 0 0 0 0 2 2
AJ Dillon RB Boston College Soph. 0 0 0 0 1 1
Mecole Hardman WR Georgia Jr. 0 0 0 0 1 1
Laviska Shenault Jr. WR Colorado Soph. 0 0 0 0 1 1

Two weeks ago he was top 5- last year he was 5th on country in qbr. He was second last year in total expected points added. You can beleive tua is better because the kid can play(which i do not dispute) but to discount an undefeated qb who has better numbers over a whole season than either bama qb and beat as many top 25 teams last year as bama makes you into an absurd homer. Just because you are ignorant of anything outside the SEC does not mean that they are untrue.

• Haha (+1) 1

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

I lived in East Orlando right by UCF for awhile.  I have many friends who graduated from there and spent a lot of time on the campus.  It's nice to see this team becoming a force. 

I'm thinking of laying on a bet for them to cover tonight -14.  What do you guys think?

58 minutes ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

I lived in East Orlando right by UCF for awhile.  I have many friends who graduated from there and spent a lot of time on the campus.  It's nice to see this team becoming a force. 

I'm thinking of laying on a bet for them to cover tonight -14.  What do you guys think?

Too much to give

back door cover, special teams TD, D getting a TD makes it fail

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.