Sully: On Second Thought, the Buffalo Bills Really ARE That Bad

Rico

2 hours ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

PFF named the Bills’ secondary the seventh-best unit in the entire league”

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2018/07/24/buffalo-bills-secondary-tredavious-white-jordan-poyer-micah-hyde-vontae-davis-ej-gaines/

It’s no secret that the Buffalo Bills have one of the best secondaries in the NFL. Between starting cornerbacks Vontae Davis and Tre’Davious White, along with safeties Micah Hyde and Jordan Poyer, there aren’t many teams that can match the talent that Buffalo has in their defensive backfield.”

https://www.cover1.net/buffalo-bills-2018-nfl-micah-hyde-tredavious-white/

And also a softball article by Skurski that i’m sure was Pegula approved and lapped up by the fanboys;

“We asked the Bills' secondary: How did you get so good, so fast?”

https://buffalonews.com/2018/09/04/buffalo-bills-defensive-backs-hyde-poyer-davis-white/

lol

I get it, but most of this is before the season began.  It took about two seconds into the first game when they stopped being overrated.

12 hours ago, twoandfourteen said:

What are these guys supposed to write? 

The Bills & Sabres have given them practically nothing to work with over the past two decades. 

There are only so many ways to write the same article -- but it's not Sully & Bucky's fault that the Bills & Sabres have been stuck in a perpetual, never-ending miasma of failure. 

Your valiant attempt is appreciated.  But many deaf ears here will refuse to hear the obvious.

Better to yell at the chronicler of bad times that at those who bring the bad times...

1 minute ago, CuddyDark said:

At least 2015 had a direction. These guys seem lost for direction.

Did it really? That's revisionist history at its finest.

2015 was the "HEY LETS JUST PAY PEOPLE A WHOLE SHITLOAD OF MONEY WHO DON'T DESERVE IT AND LET THEM BE COACHED BY REX" year.

Some direction, that.

4 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Did it really? That's revisionist history at its finest.

2015 was the "HEY LETS JUST PAY PEOPLE A WHOLE SHITLOAD OF MONEY WHO DON'T DESERVE IT AND LET THEM BE COACHED BY REX" year.

Some direction, that.

No one hated Rex more than me, but at least that is a direction. What are they this year? They signed equally bad players who don't deserve it. They went wit two young QBs meaning those signings in free agency were stupid because you're not winning with a rookie. Then they draft long term draft picks who are not ready to play. The team is a mess. They have several over the hill players who have to win now but they draft projects. It's like two directions. It's like they have a fight between coaching and front office. It's like the Browns the last 6 years. You can't win if you're going in two directions like we are.

Edited by CuddyDark

No one hated Rex more than me, but at least that is a direction. What are they this year? They signed equally bad players who don't deserve it. They went wit two young QBs meaning those signings in free agency were stupid because you're not winning with a rookie. Then they draft long term draft picks who are not ready to play. The team is a mess. They have several over the hill players who have to win now but they draft projects. It's like two directions. It's like they have a fight between coaching and front office. It's like the Browns the last 6 years. You can't win if you're going in two directions like we are.

They have a direction. You just don't understand it. That's the bottom line. The people they signed with the exception of Star are all going to be pretty easy to get out from under, and next year I expect them to pick up more impactful FA while continuing their solid drafting.

Just now, joesixpack said:

They have a direction. You just don't understand it. That's the bottom line. The people they signed with the exception of Star are all going to be pretty easy to get out from under, and next year I expect them to pick up more impactful FA while continuing their solid drafting.

Because you have hope. I don't believe in hope. They will do it or they won't. So far they haven't made any good moves with Beane as GM.

Here's my question. Are any of Beane's rookies as good a Tre White? Are any of Beane's signings as good as Poyer/Hyde?

Just now, CuddyDark said:

Because you have hope. I don't believe in hope. They will do it or they won't. So far they haven't made any good moves with Beane as GM.

Here's my question. Are any of Beane's rookies as good a Tre White? Are any of Beane's signings as good as Poyer/Hyde?

Don't tell me you're being so dense as to credit those signings to Whaley. I genuinely like you, don't want to have to add you to the purge.

As to his rookies...I like Edmunds. Yes, he had a rough week. But he's EXTREMELY young, and thrown into the fire. Last week, he made some big plays. I also like Harry. And I liked what I saw from Allen given the complete lack of help.

Just now, joesixpack said:

Don't tell me you're being so dense as to credit those signings to Whaley. I genuinely like you, don't want to have to add you to the purge.

As to his rookies...I like Edmunds. Yes, he had a rough week. But he's EXTREMELY young, and thrown into the fire. Last week, he made some big plays. I also like Harry. And I liked what I saw from Allen given the complete lack of help.

There is a history of castoff players coming in under Whaley who became good players, some even pro bowl players. Graham, Alexander, Zach Brown. What player have they signed since Whaley left who came in and had an impact? Who? There isn't one signed or traded player under Beane who is worthy of pro bowl type play. Not one.

There is a history of castoff players coming in under Whaley who became good players, some even pro bowl players. Graham, Alexander, Zach Brown. What player have they signed since Whaley left who came in and had an impact? Who? There isn't one signed or traded player under Beane who is worthy of pro bowl type play. Not one.

The two safeties. Those were NOT Whaley acquisitions. Period. And for all his supposed greatness in pro-personnel, Whaley was AWFUL at drafting college talent. Shaq Lawson, three picks for watkins when your QBs were Manuel and Taylor being the most salient failures.

Edited by joesixpack

15 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

The two safeties. Those were NOT Whaley acquisitions. Period. And for all his supposed greatness in pro-personnel, Whaley was AWFUL at drafting college talent. Shaq Lawson, three picks for watkins when your QBs were Manuel and Taylor being the most salient failures.

But you're deflecting.

Since Beane became GM who have we signed as good as Poyer, Hyde? Who is as good as Corey Graham? Whaley has a history of making corners play safety with the Bills. Who's as good as Zach Brown? Or Lorenzo Alexzander? Did Beane make any trade as good as Shady? Or Jerry Hughes? Answer the question about Beane and stop deflecting.

2 minutes ago, CuddyDark said:

But you're deflecting.

Since Beane became GM who have we signed as good as Poyer, Hyde? Who is as good as Corey Graham? Whaley has a history of making corners play safety with the Bills. Who's as good as Zach Brown? Or Lorenzo Alexzander? Did Beane make any trade as good as Shady? Or Jerry Hughes? Answer the question about Beane and stop deflecting.

No, I'm really not. I'm trying to understand what you expected beane to do in the burn year?

That's what this is. The burn year. He wasn't gonna go out there and sign a bunch of big name guys. Look, I'll grant you that whaley was a good dumpster-diver. But that's ALL he did well. His drafts were abortion status, his inability to work with Marrone was legendary. His cap management, well that was kinda like the Hindenburg.

He's had ONE offseason. And that one offseason is the burn year, again.