More cap $$$$ next year?

beacon

Whose got the free agent list by position for next year

OTC also has that on some other tabs there.

interesting to see that we can potentially be over $100m with a few cuts.  Also interesting to see that the Pats* only have $21m next year and are losing a bunch of starters to FA next year.  Of course, they have 6 picks in the top 105 or so (although 3 of those are likely in the 92-105 range). Miami oddly also looks to be in cap hell next year.

2019 is definitely the year McBean has circled on their calendar.

Yes, because teams NEVER rest recovering players in meaningless games. I'm sorry it just seems a bit tacky to run down one of our own players before he's even played.

Not just preseason games, but training camp practices.  I went to camp 3 times and didn’t see him on the field once.  I’d be interested to hear how many days he was a full-go at practice.  Not many I would suspect.

Given his injury history, I think I’m entitled to a bit of healthy skepticism.

I would expect Hughes, Clay, and probably shady all gone next year.

Also not sure I would expect just cause they have the money to spend it. Meaning they’ll be shopping for value over big names. 

Star seems to be taking a lot of heat here since the day the numbers came out for his contract, I think it’s a little uncalled for. 

Ignore the PFF ranks and watch the guy play.

He is exactly what this defense needed, someone in the middle to take up space and occupy two blockers. His numbers will always suck but his job is to make the rest of the line have an easier time rushing the qb and give the linebackers an open lane to get to the ball carrier. He almost doesn’t even have to try to do that, his size and strength alone does it. If you’re looking for 50+ tackles and 8 sacks a year from him you’ll never see it. But you’ll get those kinda numbers from the guys playing around him simply cause he’s in there. There’s not many guys who can bring that to the table in my opinion. Certainly wasn’t in this free agent class.

And to top that off, everyone gets really fat bad contracts in free agency. That’s basically the whole point is to overpay and outbid everyone else. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Not just preseason games, but training camp practices.  I went to camp 3 times and didn’t see him on the field once.  I’d be interested to hear how many days he was a full-go at practice.  Not many I would suspect.

Given his injury history, I think I’m entitled to a bit of healthy skepticism.

Yeah, I guess, but there's healthy skepticism, and then there's this guy will definitely be gone by next year.

It's just the relentless negativity about everybody on this team the week before the season opens, every year, even after finally ending the drought. And I'm not accusing you of this, because I don't think you are relentlessly negative. I'm just tired and should take a break from this board til Sunday, but this is a great source for team news as the roster changes.

By now, we should have all watched enough seasons of this to know that it's not always as bad as it seems or as good as it seems at pre-season, and that teams can surprise us.

Yeah, I guess, but there's healthy skepticism, and then there's this guy will definitely be gone by next year.

It's just the relentless negativity about everybody on this team the week before the season opens, every year, even after finally ending the drought. And I'm not accusing you of this, because I don't think you are relentlessly negative. I'm just tired and should take a break from this board til Sunday, but this is a great source for team news as the roster changes.

By now, we should have all watched enough seasons of this to know that it's not always as bad as it seems or as good as it seems at pre-season, and that teams can surprise us.

And that would be lovely if Trent worked out and I would be the first to eat crow if he did.  I was responding to the OP with a prediction.  Trent was a risky acquisition (ACL, PED suspension) and I think most would agree with that.  The fact that he has been significant limited with a groin injury since the second week of TC does not help his perceived “prognosis.” 

I get your sentiment given the absolute lunacy around here lately.  It’s been a tough offseason.  Don’t let them grind you down, Bills fan brotha.

4 hours ago, H2o said:

Depending on how Shady looks, and how this home invasion thing plays out, he may not be on the roster as well. 

Next year Kyle, Lorax, Shady, Murphy, Shaq and Star will all be gone.

2 hours ago, nucci said:

You mean like Mack?

Great player but not worth 2 1st round picks + 141million. That's an money.

2 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Next year Kyle, Lorax, Shady, Murphy, Shaq and Star will all be gone.

Great player but not worth 2 1st round picks + 141million. That's an money.

How much is the Defensive player of the year worth?