Breaking News

• Replies 845
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By law, you are correct. But don't you think there's something wrong with the law if her husband ignores her for the last twelve years, and has another chick and kids with that chick? And then a dozen years later shows up?

So I guess you can abandon your wife and then come back when it's convenient for YOU?

From what I've heard and read, it would seem to me that if she were cognizant today she could declare that her husband is estranged.

282025[/snapback]

Personally, I think its 100% unfair to judge the guy unless you've been in his situation. What's he supposed to do, put his life on hold for 15+ years when there is no hope that she's gonna snap out of it? Plus, how do people know that she really didn't say she would want to be put down if she were in this situation? They don't, and its left up to her husband because they were stupid and didn't create a living will. And to the morons saying he should just divorce her and leave the decision up to her parents: if she did say she would want her life to end, I don't fault him for trying to make her wish happen, I commend him for it and for not taking the easy way out.

My fiance and I are doing our living wills this summer. I want to know that my decisions are final, and some politician isn't going to change that if I am ever on my deathbed in the same situation.

Personally, I think its 100% unfair to judge the guy unless you've been in his situation. What's he supposed to do, put his life on hold for 15+ years when there is no hope that she's gonna snap out of it? Plus, how do people know that she really didn't say she would want to be put down if she were in this situation? They don't, and its left up to her husband because they were stupid and didn't create a living will. And to the morons saying he should just divorce her and leave the decision up to her parents: if she did say she would want her life to end, I don't fault him for trying to make her wish happen, I commend him for it and for not taking the easy way out.

My fiance and I are doing our living wills this summer. I want to know that my decisions are final, and some politician isn't going to change that if I am ever on my deathbed in the same situation.

282038[/snapback]

Yup, what he said, without the "morons" part.

At its worst, it sets a very dangerous precedent for Congressional intrusion upon the private and personal affairs of the citizenry, and we all have a dog in that fight.

That's the bottom line. It won't suprise me if in the next couple of years there will be some similar action brought about on behalf of some parents who don't want their adult daughter to have an abortion. The slope is getting more slippery.

It's so ludicrous I don't know where to start.

281698[/snapback]

No disrespect, but it didn't sound ludicrous to me. I'd be curious, at the very least, why you find it ludicrous given that all he's really done is extend the consequences of your position.

Seriously. Why is it ludicrous?

Yup, what he said, without the "morons" part.

282047[/snapback]

Do you agree with his earlier post when he called her a piece of broccoli too?

Or just the post where he defends the guy that fought for 2.5 years stating he would take care of her forever (of course he was banging someone while stating this). 2 months after he got the money he "remembered" her wishes and decided she couldn't bear it anymore.

Or just the post where he defends the guy that fought for 2.5 years stating he would take care of her forever (of course he was banging someone while stating this).  2 months after he got the money he "remembered" her wishes and decided she couldn't bear it anymore.

282056[/snapback]

I find it hilarious that you people refuse to put yourself in his situation and are quick to judge him as some money-grubbing a-hole. The guy knows his wife is a vegtable and wants to move on. All that money is going towards medical bills keeping a vegtable alive when she asked that she not be. Again, why should he put his life on hold for 15+ years when she is never going to get better? If anything...he's a merciful man for trying to end this, and the parents need to get over this and move on.

its a lot easier when you are built like a rail, and are bulimic

282053[/snapback]

That's what I was thinking.

I still think that, had domestic abuse been obvious (ie: "her had was mashed to a pulp") that there would already have been charges against the husband. What do they hope to accomplish by doing an autopsy 15 years later? IMHO, nothing - it's just a smokescreen by the parents to make the husband look bad.

My favorite (from the "Let Terri Live" site) was when they said something like, "Yeah, three doctors said that she'll never recover, but those doctors were picked by the husband!!!! We picked two doctors who said she'll be fine." Ummm, so his doctor's were hand selected because they were willing to say she won't ever recover, but how is that different from the parents selecting doctors who are saying she can recover? Same thing, different side.

Oh well. I knew there was a reason I don't frequent PPP very often. :D

CW

If a person in her state can be stimulated to laugh (intentional or not) then that same person can be stimulated to feel pain.

The fact that the "higher order" parts of the brain are not working and all that remains is the core brain should not imply that a person doesn't feel or isn't still a person.

If a person in her state can be stimulated to laugh (intentional or not) then that same person can be stimulated to feel pain.

The fact that the "higher order" parts of the brain are not working and all that remains is the core brain should not imply that a person doesn't feel or isn't still a person.

282065[/snapback]

Yeah...and she's probably screaming in pain due to the hell she's living in in her mind.

Or from starving to death.

282071[/snapback]

You got me there...I don't agree with that part. But I don't agree with keeping her alive. IF her brain is still fuctioning (which doctors say it isn't), imagine what its been like for 15 years trapped in that body. Pure torture.

Or just the post where he defends the guy that fought for 2.5 years stating he would take care of her forever (of course he was banging someone while stating this).  2 months after he got the money he "remembered" her wishes and decided she couldn't bear it anymore.

282056[/snapback]

I think you'll find the answers to your questions are contained in my post where I quoted (and even highlighted portions of) his post in an obviously failed effort to stem posts like yours... :D

I find it hilarious that you people refuse to put yourself in his situation and are quick to judge him as some money-grubbing a-hole. The guy knows his wife is a vegtable and wants to move on. All that money is going towards medical bills keeping a vegtable alive when she asked that she not be. Again, why should he put his life on hold for 15+ years when she is never going to get better? If anything...he's a merciful man for trying to end this, and the parents need to get over this and move on.

282062[/snapback]

Why would a caring person fight for over two years to get money for therapy and upon receiving the money, immediately halt the therapy? Why would a caring person state in court records that he wanted to take care of her for the rest of her life, while he had already taken up with someone else? Is this someone whose word we should accept carte blanche?

Why would you call someone a vegetable if you can't even spell vegetable?