Breaking News

• Replies 845
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got off the phone with my wife, she is at a conference in Tampa. We both agreed that when she returns we are calling the attorney and getting a "Living Will" done.

I told her this, that even though I know she would not want to "live" like this poor girl, if we didn't take the time to get this in writing and make it "all legal like" I would have a very hard time going against her parents if their wishes were to keep her on a feeding tube. I also got to thinking about our kids and what their wishes might be?

There is a lot of selfishness here with all the parties, including congress!

MOVE THIS TO THE PPP

I would give that poor soul an injection and end this misery. If it's tube removal, pump the woman full of opiates - I've read the horrific progression of events that occur when feeding tubes are removed - if that happens, why make the assumption that "nothing" is felt? Five bucks worth of morphine...wouldn't you want that?

If you care to look into the situation, you will find that it was the parents that "wanted" the $$$. They told him to date others, and then turned ugly because they felt they didn't get a cut of the malpractice settlement - which was eaten up by litigation expenses, anyway...

I've had it up to here with with this battle, this or that camp chosing sides and fighting and not stopping to consider that this is a tragic situation involving a good person who has been forced to live an existence that none of us would wish for, and it has begged, for years, for the application of simple compassion for a hopeless plight.

There is a lot of selfishness here with all the parties, including congress!

MOVE THIS TO THE PPP

282105[/snapback]

Agreed.....on both points. This has gone from the problems of this poor woman to an "I'm right, you're not" battle.

Why would a caring person fight for over two years to get money for therapy and upon receiving the money, immediately halt the therapy?  Why would a caring person state in court records that he wanted to take care of her for the rest of her life, while he had already taken up with someone else?  Is this someone whose word we should accept carte blanche?

Why would you call someone a vegetable if you can't even spell vegetable?

282096[/snapback]

Because he probably had hope for recovery those 2 first years, then realized it was hopeless. And you know what? He was right! He's ready to move on. The parents have to end their selfishness and move on already.

15 YEARS!!!

I apologize for my mis-spelling. I'll just use brocoli instead from now on.

Just got off the phone with my wife, she is at a conference in Tampa.  We both agreed that when she returns we are calling the attorney and getting a "Living Will" done. 

I told her this, that even though I know she would not want to "live" like this poor girl, if we didn't take the time to get this in writing and make it "all legal like" I would have a very hard time going against her parents if their wishes were to keep her on a feeding tube.  I also got to thinking about our kids and what their wishes might be? 

282105[/snapback]

Good man. At this point, this is the good that can come from this. Everybody should have a living will.

Going beyond this specific case - why can there not be a better, legal, way to let a person die then to withhold food and water for potentially up to a month? If all things are equal, in the physical aspect, but you have a living will saying you want to die - you would still be forced to starve to death.

Oh another thing on the same segment... Someone said something like "suppose she's able to recover in 3 months..."

News flash a-hole! It's been 15 years already!!!!

282093[/snapback]

You realize 15 years ago the Olsen Twins weren't even in grade school yet?

How's that for perspective...

Going beyond this specific case - why can there not be a better, legal,  way to let a person die then to withhold food and water for potentially up to a month?  If all things are equal, in the physical aspect, but you have a living will saying you want to die - you would still be forced to starve to death.

282120[/snapback]

I 100% agree. Even a horse gets a bullet in the head with a broken leg.

Going beyond this specific case - why can there not be a better, legal,  way to let a person die then to withhold food and water for potentially up to a month?  If all things are equal, in the physical aspect, but you have a living will saying you want to die - you would still be forced to starve to death.

282120[/snapback]

There should be. It's a complicated subject, with legal issues and tons of inconsistencies - see abortion and the myriad double standards thereof.

As moral bedrocks have been attacked and washed away, these controversies have arisin.

While I may have sympathy for your points, I have never been a big fan of trying to win an argument by pointing out typos.

282132[/snapback]

I didn't really want to do it, but I'm not a real big fan of calling other human beings celery (or whatever) so I felt in this case, I'd make an exception.

Not to nit-pick, but it was not a typo, it was a speeling error. He did it twice.

I didn't really want to do it, but I'm not a real big fan of calling other human beings celery (or whatever) so I felt in this case, I'd make an exception. 

Not to nit-pick, but it was not a typo, it was a speeling error.  He did it twice.

282153[/snapback]

Brocoli..get your 'speeling' right chief.

There should be. It's a complicated subject, with legal issues and tons of inconsistencies - see abortion and the myriad double standards thereof.

As moral bedrocks have been attacked and washed away, these controversies have arisin.

282134[/snapback]

What I'm more amazed at is that my thoughts aline with liberals. I'm almost scared....

When is it EVER acceptable to let someone die with dignity? They showed pictures of her from before. I highly doubt that THAT person would want to be the person whos picture is one the front of CNN.com drooling all over herself, not able to do ANYTHING on her own. Let this poor woman go. Why would her husband lie about her making a verbal decision that she would want to die? She's been a vegtable dor 15 years... FIFTEEN YEARS.

PS. One of the first things i do when I get back to buffalo is write a living will for my family to have a hard copy of. I for one would NEVER want to "live" like she is doing now.

When is it EVER acceptable to let someone die with dignity? They showed pictures of her from before. I highly doubt that THAT person would want to be the person whos picture is one the front of CNN.com drooling all over herself, not able to do ANYTHING on her own. Let this poor woman go. Why would her husband lie about her making a verbal decision that she would want to die? She's been a vegtable dor 15 years...  FIFTEEN YEARS.

PS. One of the first things i do when I get back to buffalo is write a living will for my family to have a hard copy of. I for one would NEVER want to "live" like she is doing now.

282167[/snapback]

OH NO....you spelled Vegetable wrong! Your argument is meaningless now!

That's the thing. Everybody is so quick to judge that they don't put themselves in each of their positions. I mean, I would agree if this was 5 years, but 15! That's when the Bills were in their first Super Bowl! The Olsen twins weren't in grade school! The first George Bush was in office! Communism just fell!

That's how long this has been going on and she hasn't improved!