Trump Wants To Regulate Google

53 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Retribution against perceived political enemies.

Republicans used to celebrate American ingenuity.

There are essentially no barriers to entry for online search engines. None. Google's dominance is a consequence of its excellence. This is absurd.

Again, showing your ignorance.  Google is repeating the mistakes of rail barons when they only moved the freight of fellow trust members.  

The issue here isn't search on its own, but how Google manipulates search to the disadvantage of third parties and favor its owned properties.   

In case you haven't noticed, the House also plans an anti trust action.  

Edited by GG
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, GG said:

Again, showing your ignorance.  Google is repeating the mistakes of rail barons when they only moved the freight if fellow trust members.  

The issue here isn't search on its own, but how Google manipulates search to the disadvantage of third parties and favor its owned properties.   

In case you haven't noticed, the House also plans an anti trust action.  

Just as large a problem as controlling and manipulating search is google controls ad online.  If you want ads revenue (Adsense), if you want to run an ad (google ads), you must basically go through google.  

Edited by Buffalo_Gal

The ads are reviewed before accepted. Taking them down afterward is censorship, and facebook acting as a publisher, not a platform. (Facebook has ad guidelines. They review an ad for XYZ before accepting it.)

Facebook has removed 216 Trump ads that claimed "despite the health risks [of] COVID-19 Joe Biden will increase refugees" from Somalia, Syria and Yemen.

"We rejected these ads because we don't allow claims that people's physical safety, health, or survival is threatened by people on the basis of their national origin or immigration status," a Facebook spokesperson told CBS News via email.

The Facebook ad library for the Donald J. Trump Facebook page shows Donald J. Trump for President, Inc. paid $10,000 to $15,000 for the 15-second video messages that started to run on September 30. The ad library, which lists ads purchased by the Trump campaign, shows 216 ads used the "creative and text" before they were taken down by Facebook that same day "because it goes against Facebook Advertising Policies."

</snip>

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, The Frankish Reich said:

You do realize that the Real Donald Trump Twitter account is not the White House account? That it is part of his literally never-ending campaign? (He declared for reelection immediately upon being sworn in).

You do realize that his account has been censored and slapped with warnings multiple times? How does that compare to treatment of  other politicians on social media, particularly dems?

17 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

You do realize that his account has been censored and slapped with warnings multiple times? How does that compare to treatment of  other politicians on social media, particularly dems?

How true.

Because of this horrific pattern of censorship, I have no idea what Donald John Trump, 45th President of the United States, really thinks.

Does he think Joe Biden is sharp as a tack?

Does he believe Kamala Harris is a monster?

Does he believe COVID-19 was a "hoax?"

Does he believe that our FBI leadership is full of honest and upstanding people?

This is an affront to our democracy! I demand to hear more from our mild mannered and taciturn leader.

2 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

How true.

Because of this horrific pattern of censorship, I have no idea what Donald John Trump, 45th President of the United States, really thinks.

Does he think Joe Biden is sharp as a tack?

Does he believe Kamala Harris is a monster?

Does he believe COVID-19 was a "hoax?"

Does he believe that our FBI leadership is full of honest and upstanding people?

This is an affront to our democracy! I demand to hear more from our mild mannered and taciturn leader.

You're really, really bad at this.

Edited by BillsFanNC

2 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

You're really, really bad at this.

I am responding to a particularly stupid tweet you posted above. The logic was as follows:

- The Real Donald Trump account posts incessantly, and probably 90% of it can only be fairly characterized as electioneering

- A bunch of Democrats decide that it is a good idea for them to be equally (if not more) annoying by responding "Vote Biden" en masse

- Someone named "Shem Horne" is outraged! Those "Vote Biden" responses to Trump's political campaign tweets should be considered illegal!

See, I'm good at this after all.

18 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I am responding to a particularly stupid tweet you posted above. The logic was as follows:

- The Real Donald Trump account posts incessantly, and probably 90% of it can only be fairly characterized as electioneering

- A bunch of Democrats decide that it is a good idea for them to be equally (if not more) annoying by responding "Vote Biden" en masse

- Someone named "Shem Horne" is outraged! Those "Vote Biden" responses to Trump's political campaign tweets should be considered illegal!

See, I'm good at this after all.

Nope.

I posted a tweet about a social media platform potentially using their algorithms to favor one candidate over another. Shocking that they're doing this.

You respond but Trump uses his Twitter account to promote his own campaign.

I point out that the very same platform that is clearly favoring one candidate also censors his opponent periodically.

You respond with a long rant that boils down to #orangemanbad so censorship fine. 

Again, you're awful at this.

6 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

Nope.

I posted a tweet about a social media platform potentially using their algorithms to favor one candidate over another. Shocking that they're doing this.

You respond but Trump uses his Twitter account to promote his own campaign.

I point out that the very same platform that is clearly favoring one candidate also censors his opponent periodically.

You respond with a long rant that boils down to #orangemanbad so censorship fine. 

Again, you're awful at this.

At this point it's best to just admit that Horny Shem or whatever his name is just posted something stupid.

Such is the culture of fake indignation. Shem, think about what you're saying before you go into indignation mode.

If Twitter were to follow their own rules properly -- no campaign tweets! -- The Real Donald Trump account would be banned.

Edited by The Frankish Reich