Leadership question

We were at lunch yesterday with a group of friends and ended up sitting next to a couple where the husband is a professor at the Cox School of Business at SMU.

He was telling me about the Business Leadership Center that they have and how they bring in executives from various industries to talk with students, as a way to bring in "real world issues" to compliment the "theory" that the students are taught in their classes.

That got me to thinking: In today's political climate, is there anyone in the US that you would consider to be a "leader"?

BTW, Forbes magazine describes the characteristics of a leader to include:

1. Sincere enthusiasm
2. Integrity
3. Great communication skills
4. Loyalty
5. Decisiveness
6. Managerial competence
7. Empowerment
8. Charisma

I think there are lots of great leaders in this country, they're just not (largely) concentrated in the political sphere. For example, Kyle Williams is a great leader. I'm sure there are dozens of others just like him in the world of sport. On a more personal scale, I worked on a big project recently with one of the most inspiring leaders I've ever encountered in the corporate/hollywood world - the type of person I didn't think existed in this business anymore. 

So I do think they exist on local/personal levels. It's harder on a national political level because there are industries dedicated to tearing politicians (on all sides of the spectrum) down.  

Edited by Deranged Rhino

https://www.echelonfront.com/

I heard about these guys from Joe Rogan’s podcast. They are former Navy Seals who do consulting for companies. The name of their book is extreme ownership. I think we can all agree that not enough people own their problems and are too quick to point the finger at anyone other than themselves. 

Edited by gatorbait

5 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Well, until #8.................I would have said Mitt.

What a shame. We could have avoided those last 4 years of Obama. Then again we'd probably be putting up with impeachment threats over a dog on the roof of his car or his disgusting murder of a cancer victim. Oh, and his wife had a horse.

2 hours ago, \GoBillsInDallas/ said:

BTW, Forbes magazine describes the characteristics of a leader to include:

1. Sincere enthusiasm
2. Integrity
3. Great communication skills
4. Loyalty
5. Decisiveness
6. Managerial competence
7. Empowerment
8. Charisma

That's a perfect description of President Trump.