Iran: LET’S DO THIS!

12 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

My position is you’re a pompous twat. 

Powerful and convincing argument.

Maybe, just maybe, if you focused on the eventualities and logical outcomes of the things you advocate for you might be able to get to this point in a conversation and not be sitting there with egg on your face, reduced to calling people "twats" in place of a well reasoned argument.

I'm not holding out hope, but maybe.

It's something for you to strive for anyway.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Powerful and convincing argument.

Maybe, just maybe, if you focused on the eventualities and logical outcomes of the things you advocate for you might be able to get to this point in a conversation and not be sitting there with egg on your face, reduced to calling people "twats" in place of a well reasoned argument.

I'm not holding out hope, but maybe.

It's something for you to strive for anyway.

I noticed you didn't deny the pompous part though. :nana:

Just now, 3rdnlng said:

I noticed you didn't deny the pompous part though. :nana:

I don't think it's a invalid criticism.  I'm aware that I can come off that way, especially in this medium.

I'll point out that someone's pompousness doesn't impact the correctness of their argument, however, which leaves it as an empty critique in this situation.  :flirt:

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

I don't think it's a invalid criticism.  I'm aware that I can come off that way, especially in this medium.

I'll point out that someone's pompousness doesn't impact the correctness of their argument, however, which leaves it as an empty critique in this situation.  :flirt:

Yes, you can be pompous but I think The_Dudes problem is you can logic circles around him in a debate. That is a strength of yours. I heard his strength is in killing people, so I would suggest that you never argue with him in person.

3 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Yes, you can be pompous but I think The_Dudes problem is you can logic circles around him in a debate. That is a strength of yours. I heard his strength is in killing people, so I would suggest that you never argue with him in person.

To be fair, he's never threatened to kill me, just to pistol whip me and to eat me.

It's like Shady McCoy started staring in Austin Powers movies.

See the source image

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 3rdnlng said:

I love Churchill. I adore him. To me, only Julius Caesar lived a more impressive life. A Churchill quote I love is 'better to make jaw-jaw than war-war.'

Im a peaceful guy. I am. But at all times I have at least 210 rounds of ammo close by. 

I HATE war. I do. I’ve seen the most awful things. The reason I’m a “war hawk” is that I believe capitulation of any kind only emboldens your advisories and only increases your chance of war later on and at greater cost. See, Chamberlain for example. Everything I advocate for is in fact to decrease the “butchers bill.” 

Ive made the understanding of conflicts my passion. I can actually explain how WWI happened. Most people cannot. I’ve studied the Bronze Age collapse of civilizations to understand. I make the study of history my everlasting pursuit to understand what happened and to recognize current events that could mirror yesterday’s tragedies. That shapes my foreign policy views. 

If people listen to why i advocate what i advocate for, it’s always to keep the butchers bill to a minimum. 

Edited by The_Dude

1 hour ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

To be fair, he's never threatened to kill me, just to pistol whip me and to eat me.

It's like Shady McCoy started staring in Austin Powers movies.

See the source image

I kinda turn into an !@#$ when an idiot implies that I'm a traitor because I disagree with one of their points. Especially after all I've done for my country. 

I wish I could find the quote, but I can't, and I wont say it nearly as eloquently... But I'm reminded of a passage I read on the great Scipio Aemilianus. He was being heckled in the forum for some of his positions by plebs. Plebs of which weren't all from Rome. They weren't true Romans like he was. He basically stated 'why should I, Scipio, give a damn what you plebs who aren't even really Roman think when I have heard the war cry of the enemy without fear and met him with my sword.' Now, Scipio had to un-ass the forum shortly after stating this because **** was hitting the fan and his comment really pissed the mob of plebs off, but, my man had a point. 

6 hours ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

No you retard, my academic credentials (BS Biochemistry SUNY Geneseo) make me aware of the differences between the uranium enrichment levels used in the generation of stable nuclear power (say 10% enrichment), and that necessary to produce nuclear weapons (90%) and that you absolutely can test for the difference.

And while you can use stable nuclear power over time as a way to achieve weapons grade fissionable matter, it absolutely can be tested. Because weapons grade plutonium does not just magically appear because you want it.

And guess what, tests were done. There was no sign of it. As far as I know, every independent test done said that Iran was playing my the rules. And 45 eff-ed them over anyway. So now they have no reason to live up to their end of the agreement. And guess what, once you have a framework for stable nuclear power, it is quite possible to develop nuclear weaponry (though it takes time and equipment)

If we had any sign, any whatsoever that they were betraying their deal, then it would have been warranted. 

Jesus, here I am, explaining nuclear chemistry to people who think it's pronounced Nu-CU-lur

Wow. Excuse me, I need to adjust your tin foil hat. 

How do you get to a computer between screaming at your genitals on a street corner?

Wake up. WTF do you think all this border-busting is all about? Certainly not about compassion.

6 hours ago, The_Dude said:

The article is clear evidence that sanctions are being effective.  If there is a strike, though, just do it in a fashion that widens the strait by about 10 miles so that territorial waters rules are nullified. 

7 hours ago, DC Tom said:

Well...it's been 30 years since we last sunk the Iranian Navy.  Guess they're due...

For their own safety.  Keeps them out of Chicago...

Chicago is great. I'm there right now. Turn off the Fox propaganda and get out of the house 

Just now, keepthefaith said:

Head over to the Austin neighborhood and report back. 

One neighboorhood is this sprawling city?? You don't say. Rural violence is spread all over and doesn't get reported, but the pill poppers do shoot each other. My mom live in the south and her house keepers friend blasted her husband four times after they got home from fishing and drinking all day. Chicago is an amazing city 

2 hours ago, Tiberius said:

One neighboorhood is this sprawling city?? You don't say. Rural violence is spread all over and doesn't get reported, but the pill poppers do shoot each other. My mom live in the south and her house keepers friend blasted her husband four times after they got home from fishing and drinking all day. Chicago is an amazing city 

It is an amazing city if you can live and work in the better areas and you can put up with the traffic, awful politics, taxes, crime (it's bad), rats, expensive everything and a lot of wacky people. 

1 minute ago, keepthefaith said:

It is an amazing city if you can live and work in the better areas and you can put up with the traffic, awful politics, taxes, crime (it's bad), rats, expensive everything and a lot of wacky people. 

I've been to Milwaukee and Chicago, and was at waterfront in Buffalo last week. Why hasn't Buffalo done way more by the lake? Stupid! Both those cities have done great jobs with that 

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

I've been to Milwaukee and Chicago, and was at waterfront in Buffalo last week. Why hasn't Buffalo done way more by the lake? Stupid! Both those cities have done great jobs with that 

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

Money

• Like (+1) 1