Games watched

row_33

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Wisconsin is bad. They were missing their starting QB and when it was announced the line actually moved in their favor :lol:

If Wisky can’t just run the ball 74 times up the gut with no opposition to speak of, they are totally *****

2 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

Well, you were half right.

Sorta.... sad how most major conferences have the 3 top teams on one half duking it out for the right to win the conference title game 55-0

On 10/26/2018 at 10:53 AM, row_33 said:

not on a major network for my viewing, on the sports addict cable package

You missed a good one

Cold and rainy day.  Penn St played sloppy in the first half.  Punting team gave up two safeties (one on dropped snap/blocked kick and the other on a terrible snap that sailed out of the end zone). 

Iowa scored a touchdown on a 4th and goal trick play pass from their punter to a defensive lineman.

Trace McSorely injured his knee in the first half and Penn St played their backup QB.  Yet somehow they went to halftime tied at 17.

McSorely returned in the second half and had one of those beautiful McSorely TD runs in the 3rd.

Penn St was up 27-17 and looked like they were about to put it away but fumbled in the Red Zone.  Then on Penn St's next possession McSorely threw a pick six, cutting Penn St's lead to 27-24

Down 30--24, Iowa had it first and goal from inside 5 with about 3 minutes left.  Some confusion on the play call led an Iowa WR to just kind of stand there after the snap.  The ball sailed past him and right into the arms of a Penn St defender

Iowa got the ball back with a minute and a half and no timeouts but Penn St held

Penn St 30, Iowa 24

Georgia was too much for Florida, despite that very impressive goal line stand the Gators had in the 3rd quarter.

I wasn't used to watching a game in Jacksonville that did not require tarps.

Kentucky pulls off an unbelievable come from behind win against Missouri which now sets up a big game between Kentucky & Georgia next week.

Of course that SEC game will be overshadowed by Louisiana State-Alabama next week.

8 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

Well, you were half right.

That Notre Dame-Northwestern game is looking very interesting now.

Yeah;  those up-and-down teams like N'Western, Pitt, Cuse always give ND trouble because those teams have some talent and are always sky high.  The last time a team came out flat against ND was probably sometime in the 1950s.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

Georgia was too much for Florida, despite that very impressive goal line stand the Gators had in the 3rd quarter.

I wasn't used to watching a game in Jacksonville that did not require tarps.

Kentucky pulls off an unbelievable come from behind win against Missouri which now sets up a big game between Kentucky & Georgia next week.

Of course that SEC game will be overshadowed by Louisiana State-Alabama next week.

Based on rankings, Georgia @ Kentucky looks like a decent game.  But Kentucky is nowhere near as good as their record or rankings suggest.

Next week's schedule has a pair of blockbusters (Penn St @ Michigan and Alabama @ LSU) followed by a whole lotta "meh"

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

Based on rankings, Georgia @ Kentucky looks like a decent game.  But Kentucky is nowhere near as good as their record or rankings suggest.

Next week's schedule has a pair of blockbusters (Penn St @ Michigan and Alabama @ LSU) followed by a whole lotta "meh"

Georgia will more likely be heavily favored and rightfully so. Still, that is a big game, and the SEC is always tough. Lexington will be rocking.

Michigan-Penn State is big although not as big as it could have been.

Louisiana State-Alabama is off the charts. Should be a classic.

Let's not forget about Notre Dame-Northwestern. The Wildcats should not be taken lightly.

What has happened to the Pac-12? Washington losing to California? Oregon getting taken to the woodshed by Arizona? I did not picture Washington State & Utah as being the top teams in the conference.

11 hours ago, CIrvine said:

I'm watching Texas Tech vs. Iowa State right now.

How about that Hakeem Butler !

On 10/22/2018 at 11:56 AM, Mark Vader said:

College Gameday is going to Jacksonville this Saturday for the the largest outdoor cocktail party in the country.

Florida Vs. Georgia

used to be a great game.

Crazy how Florida has fallen off. All of the big Florida schools actually, weird since there is so much talent there.

13 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’m watching Purdue and Sparty and poking myself in the eyeballs to enhance the joy

Meanwhile, “Bye” just drove 90 yards for a TD vs tOSU

That was a fun game, you didn't like it ?

23 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Georgia will more likely be heavily favored and rightfully so. Still, that is a big game, and the SEC is always tough. Lexington will be rocking.

Michigan-Penn State is big although not as big as it could have been.

Louisiana State-Alabama is off the charts. Should be a classic.

Let's not forget about Notre Dame-Northwestern. The Wildcats should not be taken lightly.

What has happened to the Pac-12? Washington losing to California? Oregon getting taken to the woodshed by Arizona? I did not picture Washington State & Utah as being the top teams in the conference.

Washington State looks real good.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

How about that Hakeem Butler !

used to be a great game.

Crazy how Florida has fallen off. All of the big Florida schools actually, weird since there is so much talent there.

Yes, although Florida looks to be on the right track. They played good, but Georgia pulled away in the 4th quarter.

Florida State hasn't recovered from that loss to Alabama from last year, and all Miami has going for them is that silly turnover chain.

Speaking of football teams that have "fallen off", when is Tennessee going to get it's act together?

1 hour ago, Mark Vader said:

Yes, although Florida looks to be on the right track. They played good, but Georgia pulled away in the 4th quarter.

Florida State hasn't recovered from that loss to Alabama from last year, and all Miami has going for them is that silly turnover chain.

Speaking of football teams that have "fallen off", when is Tennessee going to get it's act together?

Should have never gotten rid of Philip Fulmer, haven't been the same since. I haven't watched Tennessee in years.

Who's there coach now?

Glad to see a lot of Big Ten teams doing well, which is all that matters to me. Michigan looks to be the best this year so I'm rooting for them.  I have always liked Penn state, Ohio state, Michigan and Michigan State, Wisconsin , Iowa and Nebraska. Also Syracuse which was my childhood team.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

5 hours ago, KD in CA said:

Yeah;  those up-and-down teams like N'Western, Pitt, Cuse always give ND trouble because those teams have some talent and are always sky high.  The last time a team came out flat against ND was probably sometime in the 1950s.

OSU has the same deal. They are those teams’ super bowl every year. Then those up and down teams almost always crash and burn the following week. 

4 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

Florida is a QB away from really competing in the SEC

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.