Peterman and McCarron Suck. Not trying to be funny.

mynmisoli

14 minutes ago, mynmisoli said:

Yes, playing QB in the NFL is hard.  Your point is taken.  Yes Peterman was a rookie last year.  That point is also taken.  Here's my point: That does not excuse him for being terrible.  Bad players should not be coddled and protected, bad players should get benched or cut.  That is why Peterman should not be our starter, he is a bad player.  Not a bad person, not a bad teammate, not a bad leader.  A bad player.  That is my point. 

You think Peterman is a bad QB and that is fine. You will give JA credit for anything he does and dismiss what Peterman has done. Oh look at Josh with the 2's in preseason! 

Oh Peterman with the starters it's just preseason it won't look like that when it happens for real. 

Is Josh Allen going 9 for 10 and a TD in an all passing attack Sunday or not dude?

If that's bad Josh should do it in half the passes not use the running game at all and not take a single hit.

What's your bar for Josh? Just show up? 

Edited by Lfod

17 minutes ago, mynmisoli said:

Yes, playing QB in the NFL is hard.  Your point is taken.  Yes Peterman was a rookie last year.  That point is also taken.  Here's my point: That does not excuse him for being terrible.  Bad players should not be coddled and protected, bad players should get benched or cut.  That is why Peterman should not be our starter, he is a bad player.  Not a bad person, not a bad teammate, not a bad leader.  A bad player.  That is my point. 

Thus far in the preseason, Peterman is 17-for-20 with 229 yards, two touchdowns and an interception. Allen’s numbers are slightly behind Peterman’s: 18-for-32, 176 passing yards, 47 rushing yards with two touchdowns.

I'll just leave that there... It's 2018 not 2017 in case you hadn't noticed...

Edited by GrizzReaper

3 minutes ago, GrizzReaper said:

Thus far in the preseason, Peterman is 17-for-20 with 229 yards, two touchdowns and an interception. Allen’s numbers are slightly behind Peterman’s: 18-for-32, 176 passing yards, 47 rushing yards with two touchdowns.

I'll just leave that there... It's 2018 not 2017 in case you hadn't noticed...

LOL whatever dude.  Defend Peterman.  Apprently Pre-season means more than Regular season or playoff games.  

12 minutes ago, Lfod said:

You think Peterman is a bad QB and that is fine. You will give JA credit for anything he does and dismiss what Peterman has done. Oh look at Josh with the 2's in preseason! 

Oh Peterman with the starters it's just preseason it won't look like that when it happens for real. 

Is Josh Allen going 9 for 10 and a TD in an all passing attack Sunday or not dude?

If that's bad Josh should do it in half the passes not use the running game at all and not take a single hit.

What's your bar for Josh? Just show up? 

No.  My bar is for Josh to show up and keep playing the way he has been.  Why are you rooting for him to fail?  

4 minutes ago, mynmisoli said:

LOL whatever dude.  Defend Peterman.  Apprently Pre-season means more than Regular season or playoff games.  

I'm not trying to defend Peterman DUDE... What I'm saying is let the competition play out. The best man WILL win. Laterz

Turd... In before the ban!!!

Is that a thing still?!?!

Nope... My replies were merged :(

Edited by GrizzReaper

1 minute ago, mynmisoli said:

No.  My bar is for Josh to show up and keep playing the way he has been.  Why are you rooting for him to fail?  

I want Josh Allen to win the job. I'm glad he is pushing for the starting position. Obviously him starting is a sign that the team feels he might be ready. I hope he is. 

I just don't think it's fair to discredit Peterman. 

Just now, Lfod said:

I want Josh Allen to win the job. I'm glad he is pushing for the starting position. Obviously him starting is a sign that the team feels he might be ready. I hope he is. 

I just don't think it's fair to discredit Peterman. 

He's definitely making a strong case... Not saying he can't. He's played some good ball. He has put the naysayers to rest so far. As a Bills fan I wish him nothing but the best. It's been too long since Jimbo.

23 minutes ago, GrizzReaper said:

He's definitely making a strong case... Not saying he can't. He's played some good ball. He has put the naysayers to rest so far. As a Bills fan I wish him nothing but the best. It's been too long since Jimbo.

I've been impressed with Josh Allen. I definitely agree that giving him the next start is merited. I wouldn't call the competition over yet.

Josh Allen is the hot topic and Peterman is old news to most people. Without much notice or fanfare Peterman also has had a nice preseason. First they ignore you then they attack you type situation for that guy. If Peterman wasn't doing something right people that don't like him wouldn't feel the need to speak so much. They feel he is a threat to start and he is.

Edited by Lfod

4 minutes ago, Lfod said:

I've been impressed with Josh Allen. I definitely agree that giving him the next start is merited. I wouldn't call the competition over yet.

Josh Allen is the hot topic and Peterman is old news to most people. Without much notice or fanfare Peterman also has had a nice preseason. First they ignore you then they attack you type situation for that guy. If Peterman wasn't doing something right people that don't like him wouldn't feel the need to speak so much. They feel he is a threat to start and he is.

And he is whether we like it or not. Like I said end of the day IDC so long as the best man wins the job. My thing is this staff has made it a big point to say the guys who work the hardest and play the best will get the job... Then keep it that way. If at the end of preseason Peterman legitimately has better numbers than Allen then give the man the start...

4 minutes ago, Paulus said:

Sometimes people just talk to hear themselves speak. 

source.gif

Shut up... Like seriously wtf does that mean?

14 minutes ago, GrizzReaper said:

And he is whether we like it or not. Like I said end of the day IDC so long as the best man wins the job. My thing is this staff has made it a big point to say the guys who work the hardest and play the best will get the job... Then keep it that way. If at the end of preseason Peterman legitimately has better numbers than Allen then give the man the start...

Shut up... Like seriously wtf does that mean?

It means this thread is beyond stupid.

HotImperturbableInganue-small.gif

1 minute ago, GrizzReaper said:

Well at least someone has there head somewhere besides between their asscheeks today!

No clue what you're saying there. Are you defending this "durr, Peterman and AJ suck" thread? 

I know you say you're not joking, but clearly the title is hyperbolic based on your actual post.

And I agree.

I think Beane and McDermott always wanted Allen to start this year, which was why he threw in such weak QB competition.

If Allen was worse than the 2 BLEH guys we have, the decision is obvious: play the BLEH QBs and work hard to overachieve while also understanding that being bad with said BLEH QB would give us a high draft pick along with an unfettered opportunity to start Allen next year.

5 hours ago, Steptide said:

You don't suck and have 85% completion percentage. Pre season or not. Peterman may not be destined for the hall of fame, but he has stepped up this year

Reminds me of the game that David Carr was like 25 for 30 but for only 225 yards, he looked mediocre and the stats were very misleading.

7 hours ago, mynmisoli said:

Actually I was a long time member of the official Bills forum until it got shut down.  Then I was on Billszone, then they got shut down.  Now I'm here, just like you.  BTW, if I'm wrong and you're right, shouldn't you have a constructive rebuttal to my posts?  

Asking for a constructive rebuttal is reasonable. Some (not all) feel like a constructive debate method is....1. Laugh 2. Insult. 3. Shame 4. Deflect. This board is just another venue to share opinions like standing in the yard drinking a beer with friends. Some take it too seriously as if it's an audition for a sportswriting gig. Keep the opinions (no matter how polarizing) rolling! ?

I know the OP isn't winning any style points for his argument construction but isn't he.... err...... right?

I have said since spring I thought Josh would either start week 1 or be in by week 4 at the latest and that it because the other two are not very good. McCarron is that kind of "hold the fort" for two games backup and Peterman isn't an NFL starting level talent - he is barely backup level (good performance against Carolina's vanilla pre-season cover 2 aside).  The positive to take from all this for me is I expected Josh to win the job by default and in actual fact he is winning the job by... you know... winning the job.  That has to be good news.