Peterman and McCarron Suck. Not trying to be funny.

mynmisoli

Look, they suck.  Im sure they have great leadership qualities and work hard blah blah blah.  They suck though.  Peterman pre determines his throws and gets happy feet under pressure.  Also has the demeanor of a gun slinger just doesn't have any bullets which is is why he throws so many ints.  AJ is just so unspectacular that he should be nothing more than a professional clip board holder.  Please don't put either in unless Allen gets hurt, please.  

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, mynmisoli said:

Look, they suck.  Im sure they have great leadership qualities and work hard blah blah blah.  They suck though.  Peterman pre determines his throws and gets happy feet under pressure.  Also has the demeanor of a gun slinger just doesn't have any bullets which is is why he throws so many ints.  AJ is just so unspectacular that he should be nothing more than a professional clip board holder.  Please don't put either in unless Allen gets hurt, please.  

Yup.....other then the bold you are way off base

• Like (+1) 1

OK I'll admint that Peterman has done well in the pre season.  Only problem is that whenever he has faced a real defense in a real game, he shrinks.  He played so bad last year that he could not supplant a QB who led the 31st ranked pass offense in the league.  Also have you guys forgotten that he threw the season ending interception last year?  AJ's claim to fame is that he almost beat the steelers in the playoffs.  Only problem is that he was mediocre in that game and the defense is why they almost won (yes I know that the defense is also the reason why they lost in the end).  People say he never got a shot in Cinci but he prob just wasn't good enough to threaten Dalton who has been a below average QB the last 2 years.  Why anyone would want either of these mediocre QBs to start over Allen I don't understand.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, mead107 said:

Newbie has to start his own thread.  LOOK AT ME.

Actually I was a long time member of the official Bills forum until it got shut down.  Then I was on Billszone, then they got shut down.  Now I'm here, just like you.  BTW, if I'm wrong and you're right, shouldn't you have a constructive rebuttal to my posts?  

I like both Peterman and McCarron, happy to have them around as we wait for the inevitable emergence of Allen.  I also do not like it when anyone says that any Buffalo Bill sucks as I root for them no matter their level of suckatude.  Except Trent Edwards, he really did suck!

Peterman has a lot of promise. He's got the skills, intelligence, work ethic, etc. but has lackluster arm-strength holding him back.

Any non-biased observer can tell you Peterman has performed the best so far this preseason. This has been broken down pretty well by numerous outlets in detail, especially with the quick, timing based offense we've been trying to run this preseason.

That doesn't mean he's some great QB, but he doesn't "suck." And we if we're being honest, out of any of these guys, McCarron has had the most success of any QB on our roster (as sad as that is to say) in the league and in college. But since between our 3 QB's they have virtually no experience, that's not saying much. Either way, we don't know jack about how good or bad McCarron is.

And let's not pretend his performance last preseason game means anything. Our O-line got handled. But the title of your thread leads me to leave you weren't looking for facts, evidence, or an unbiased perspective... It's to be expected though. Any team that ever drafts a QB in the 1st round will have a growing contingency of fans that impatiently demand to see that player immediately, regardless of circumstances.

I thought McCarron fits processball very well. He is a game manager but an effective one in a sense that he can play the type of low risk football that the head coach builds his strategy around. Not that McCarron is anything more than a good backup but I thought that considering the offensive line issues and the uneven play of Allen early in camp it might have been best to toss McCarron to the wolves and see what he has while putting in Allen later in the year with lowered expectations and less pressure. 

But AJ's injury and Allen's strong performance have kind of pushed me in the direction of starting Allen. I do agree that Peterman sucks ass, he crushed it in the pre-season last year but when he got into the regular season he sucked ass. 

23 minutes ago, mynmisoli said:

Actually I was a long time member of the official Bills forum until it got shut down.  Then I was on Billszone, then they got shut down.  Now I'm here, just like you.  BTW, if I'm wrong and you're right, shouldn't you have a constructive rebuttal to my posts?  

With all due respect, the constructive rebuttal would be that this topic is being discussed in multiple threads, and does not seem to offer anything new. Don't be surprised if the mods shut it down.

Be that as it may, welcome to the board.