Nate or Josh-who would our defense rather play against?

Peterman because he's so obviously not an NFL starting QB.

Plus, our D thrives off turnovers and Peterman is a turnover machine since he lacks an NFL arm.

I seriously am so annoyed there are people who are such insane trolls or blind homers that they legitimately think Nate Peterman is an NFL starting QB.

He's awful.

I'm fine with him as a backup QB, though.

Backup QBs are pretty universally awful NFL starters.

2 hours ago, Paulus said:

Honestly, the only arguments against starting Allen are the stunt growth & scary horrid O-line arguments.

Both are valid, but at some point why not just make the experience about growth and how to survive & win behind swiss cheese?

I mean, the kid knows.

vdwwrpec3sf11.jpg

The other is the schedule...They have a brutal first half with 5 of the first 7 on the road....and against really good teams.   Does Allen learn from this schedule and adjust for the 2nd half (Is he ready mentally to handle defeats on the road at the beginning of his career ?).   If I were McD, I would go with putting the kid on the field.

Talent level or ceiling there’s no comparison. And Allen has surpassed what we expected to see from a rookie who was drafted and needed a year at minimum to “develop” his game. 

I think peterman is still ahead, his ability to run the huddle and get to the line super fast. He looks to have mastered the playbook. Gets to the line with a lot of time left of the play clock. I guess if we can live with some rookie growing pains Allen is the guy no matter what week 1. I can see the case for each guy, and will cheer for whoever wins the battle. Allen takes us farther no doubt if his game develops. I think Nate takes a beating on this board over one half of football he was unprepared for and his offensive line wanted him to die for getting Tyrods job and not earning it. He hasn’t been given a fair shake. He’s nowhere near elite but he’s also not hot trash like so many seem to believe. He’s just not the exciting prospect Allen is. He’s the polar opposite.