It you believe Scouts player rankings

Beerball

We mayhave a shot at the following O-lineman in the draft. They rank between #44 and 65 according to Scouts latest reports:

Marcus Johnson OT 6'5" 316 MISSISSIPPI

Elton Brown OG 6'4" 338 VIRGINIA

David Baas OG 6'4" 311 MICHIGAN

Adam Terry OT 6'7" 305 SYRACUSE

Logan Mankins OT 6'3" 307 FRESNO STATE

Chris Spencer OC 6'3" 307 MISSISSIPPI

Pete Mcmahon OT 6'7" 324 IOWA

Of these choices who would best fit the Bill in the second round?

We mayhave a shot at the following O-lineman in the draft.  They rank between #44 and 65 according to Scouts latest reports:

Marcus Johnson OT 6'5" 316 MISSISSIPPI 

Elton Brown OG 6'4" 338 VIRGINIA

David Baas OG 6'4" 311 MICHIGAN 

Adam Terry OT 6'7" 305 SYRACUSE 

Logan Mankins OT 6'3" 307 FRESNO STATE 

Chris Spencer OC 6'3" 307 MISSISSIPPI 

Pete Mcmahon OT 6'7" 324 IOWA

Of these choices who would best fit the Bill in the second round?

278554[/snapback]

Everyone here will clamour for golden boy David Baas...

Bass to center and Teague to LT.

What about that guard from Alabama?  Supposed to be a mauler, unreal 40 time.

278577[/snapback]

If you're referring to Evan Mathis, he's hardly a mauler. He's barely over 300lbs (played around 290 last year, I think) and is not known for being a powerful drive blocker. He does have very good athleticism and won't back down from anyone. I think he'll be around at the 3rd round pick.

If you're referring to Evan Mathis, he's hardly a mauler.  He's barely over 300lbs (played around 290 last year, I think) and is not known for being a powerful drive blocker.  He does have very good athleticism and won't back down from anyone.  I think he'll be around at the 3rd round pick.

278584[/snapback]

He's listed at 296 and is ranked 91st. He is 6'5", so he should be able to add to his frame.

Elton Brown, though I doubt very much he'll be around when our pick comes up.

278580[/snapback]

I'm sure he will be gone. I wouldn't be surprised if the B'gals, after signing DT Robinson from MIA, aren't thinking about a replacement for the aging Rich Brabham and Willie Anderson, reducing the field.

He's listed at 296 and is ranked 91st.  He is 6'5", so he should be able to add to his frame.

278587[/snapback]

I've seen him listed anywhere from 295-304. He still isn't that big. I do think he can add more bulk, but I would hope that if we draft an interior lineman, we draft one who already has bulk, decent footwork/athleticism, and a nasty attitude. Chris Kemoeatu of Utah fits that bill, and could also be available in the 3rd round.

I was advocating for Marc us Johnson earlier, but looking at combine results I have to wonder if he could play left tackle. He's SLOW! There are several others that I think will be around in the third round and little that will be a good value in round two. In any case, that pick will probably be a starter in 2006 rather than 2005.

Damn straight, except we will not get the long snapper....he will be picked before our 3rd round pick.  :w00t:

278640[/snapback]

Then we should trade up! Surely the Dolphins will take Travis Henry and our 3rd rounder for Jason Taylor, their third, and a #1 next season. :doh:

Since we have not signed any free agents so far, I have to believe that TD and Co will be looking hard and fast at offensive linemen in Round 2. Remember that we actually have lost a total of 3 linemen from last year - Jennings, Price, and the Pucillo Auto Mall. Yet we have only replaced one of them - by adding Gandy. I think TD will have the "luxury" of going with the "best available offensive linemen" in Round 2 since, in theory, we have Teague and Gandy who can play several positions on the line.

My choice would be to go with a true center and really add some more bulk to the interior of the line.

Since we have not signed any free agents so far, I have to believe that TD and Co will be looking hard and fast at offensive linemen in Round 2.  Remember that we actually have lost a total of 3 linemen from last year - Jennings, Price, and the Pucillo Auto Mall.  Yet we have only replaced one of them - by adding Gandy.  I think TD will have the "luxury" of going with the "best available offensive linemen" in Round 2 since, in theory, we have Teague and Gandy who can play several positions on the line. 

My choice would be to go with a true center and really add some more bulk to the interior of the line.

278658[/snapback]

Really 2 as it looks like Peters will play Oline instead of TE this year. He will probably be developed and used as a reserve. So really I see only one more signing.

Then we should trade up!  Surely the Dolphins will take Travis Henry and our 3rd rounder for Jason Taylor, their third, and a #1 next season.  :doh:

278649[/snapback]

Would we be able to get JTaylor under the cap? Me might have to throw in MWilliams to even out the numbers. Oh, and we keep our #1 for next year. :w00t:

I've seen him listed anywhere from 295-304.  He still isn't that big.  I do think he can add more bulk, but I would hope that if we draft an interior lineman, we draft one who already has bulk, decent footwork/athleticism, and a nasty attitude.  Chris Kemoeatu of Utah fits that bill, and could also be available in the 3rd round.

278593[/snapback]

Mathis weighed in at 312 yesterday at the Alabama Pro Day per The NFLexperts (sub req'd) but also of note Bills scouts were not among those listed visiting.