Caption this! KB vs Cam edition

13 hours ago, ndirish1978 said:

I can see where you're coming from, I just have a hard time with people avoiding accountability for their actions. 

There's a difference between accountability, and accountability "on demand", correct?

I think Benjamin should be accountable.  I think he should be willing to F2F with Cam and discuss his remarks even if it's just to say "I said what I think, Cam, and that's all there is to it". 

I don't think KB should have to hold a "real" convo with Cam at any time and place of Cam's choosing.  If he doesn't want to talk about it minutes before a football game, or pretend it's all good and shake hands in front of the cameras when it isn't all good in his mind, I think that should be allowed.  JMO.

1 minute ago, The_Dude said:

Whole thing was weird. Especially KB trashing his old QB who is quite accomplished. Really weird. Really made me think less of KB. 

I agree.  KB should NOT have thrown his old team under the bus and trashed Cam in the media.  Low-rent behavior and likewise lowered my view of Benjamin.

17 hours ago, ndirish1978 said:

That's fair enough. I don't think you get to instigate a situation and then act like you're taking the high road by walking away. 

I could easily be wrong, but I think that because McCoach handled the original situation very directly KB knew that he had no choice.  I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't have a second conversation after KB clarified himself.  What surprised me was McBeady's response when asked whether he was aware of the on field "meeting."

14 hours ago, Best Player Available said:

I think it was on Dan Patrick today who had a Panthers sports guy on. They hung out a bit. KB did some stuff at Christmas for Newton's charity. So yea, both are bad actors and the whole ego thing with both is laughable. 

I am going back in memory but I have heard many reports from friends involved in the Charlotte philanthropic and social scene

Newton has a very large charity down there and offers his boys money for events, but only peanuts.  It'll be known that Novant and others pay him big money for his kickball tournament but the players that show up only get food and a few goody bags.  

He knows the higher ups, especially the ladies. One chick I dated always got that extra big hug from him, as she was executive level PR for a health conglomerate.

He would show up at players benefits only for money but expect everyone else to show up to his under the guise of money and never show up.

Steve Smith was worse but he also did a lot of the stuff purely for kids for free.

14 hours ago, Best Player Available said:

I think it was on Dan Patrick today who had a Panthers sports guy on. They hung out a bit. KB did some stuff at Christmas for Newton's charity. So yea, both are bad actors and the whole ego thing with both is laughable. 

Maybe they were friends, in which case protect me from friends like KB.  But maybe that's just expected "teammate" behavior? 

I don't know, but I've heard NE*** WR do all sorts of stuff to try to get "in" with Tom Brady in the hopes he'll build rappore and throw to them more.  Kind of like when your boss invites you to a party at his house:  you don't go because you're his friend and that's your first choice, you go because he's your boss and you want to stay on good terms.  I could see a WR feeling he should support his QB's charity to try to stay on terms.  Now if it was this Christmas, less sure - although he might have made the commitment pre trade.

15 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

I could easily be wrong, but I think that because McCoach handled the original situation very directly KB knew that he had no choice.  I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't have a second conversation after KB clarified himself.  What surprised me was McBeady's response when asked whether he was aware of the on field "meeting."

This?   Why would that surprise you?  Seems very in-line.  Not gonna distract the team, talk about Football, on to the next team.

Asked about it on Friday, McDermott tried to dismiss the topic.

#Bills HC Sean McDermott on how Kelvin Benjamin handled the interaction with Cam Newton: I'm aware of it. I'll tell you what, I like how he played.

— Joe Buscaglia (@JoeBuscaglia) August 10, 2018

22 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

Maybe just me, but he seems pissed. The final question around 15:45.

https://www.buffalobills.com/video/sean-mcdermott-all-three-guys-raised-their-game

Having watched the video, not just Joe B's quote, I tend agree with you.  Coach McD came across as P.O.'d.  Good thing for KB he played well.

Obviously it has pulled attention away from KB as a player (witness all the stuff here). 

I think McD would dislike any questions about an inter-personal pre-game interaction by one of his players, just on principle.   Double extra strength dislike for a previously addressed issue.

I'm sensing a theme that McD is NOT a guy to take being made to look foolish in public, at all well.  I think he mentally issued Dennison's  departure ticket after the 5-INT NP half.  That said, if the rest of the season and the playoff game had gone better, he might have torn it up.

I would suggest to KB that he stop dropping balls in practice, because I'm not sure he's gonna get $8.5M on the open market this year coming off knee surgery and with career low YPG and meh catch percentage this year.

On 8/9/2018 at 5:31 PM, bobobonators said:

Being completely objective here i feel Cam did nothing wrong here. He went up to KB and appeared to want to talk things through. Now i obviously dont know what was said in that close proximity. 

He invaded Kelvin's space a bit. Definitely, something a little wrong with that. 

• Like (+1) 1